Altars! Love to see yours!

I wish I had a hearth - lovely altar.

8 Likes

Great altars! I especially like that first one, very witchy!

7 Likes

Beautiful altar. My first altar is still a work in progress. Waiting for a couple of finishing touches to arrive then Iā€™m going to bless it before posting a picture hopefully in the next few days :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

Thatā€™s awesome @deviaugh!! Did you make those two paintings? I see a third one with trees on it too!

Lovely altar!!

6 Likes

I wish - I am crafty in that way. A friend of my did the goddess painting and the one with the trees (it has a fairy). The other with the girl with her hair on fire I bought at a local gallery. Being a Sagittarius, i am always running on fire - lol.

7 Likes

All of your Altars are Beautiful <3 I have to confess that Iā€™m a bit of a technophobe and I dont have a mobile phone or any device with a camera :confused: Just my old PC that sits in my hallway lol. Iā€™d love to post some pictures in some of the discussions and activities though so perhaps I should take the old one my sister offered me and use it as a camera :joy: <3

9 Likes

I just now got me a smartphone after all these years of doing without and itā€™s funny how fast Iā€™m getting used to it. If I can do it, you can! Although there is something to be said about having a good olā€™ PC to do you main work on. Thatā€™s what I do.

8 Likes

I just didnā€™t keep up with tech in my younger years, so when I jumped back in there were soooo many new things and I couldnā€™t choose so I didnā€™t lol :slight_smile: I have literally plugged my tower into a big TV so tiny screens are hard to read for me now as well :joy: I really want to share my journey with everyone here in more than words though so using it as a camera will suffice <3 Blessed Be <3

6 Likes

Ana, welcome.
Candles can be expensive, you might consider little oil pots. water candle from left over cooking oil/easy decorative idea /DIY/never throw used cooking oil - YouTube

9 Likes

Iā€™ve finally got round to completing (for now) my first altar. Well actually I have two, my main altar in my living room/office area, and a smaller one in my bedroom.

As I donā€™t have a lot of spare room in my house, I opted for a wheeled trolley that fits under my desk for my main altar.

This will be where I conduct most of my rituals and casting so I wanted it to feel right and personal to me.

Handily the desk in my office under which Iā€™ve placed the altar faces due North.

Iā€™ve represented the elements with a stone and small branch for earth, a candle and incense burner for air, a candle for fire and a small shell and rainbow agate geode for water.

I had to source some things on Amazon but the majority are from small independent businesses on Etsy, including my cauldron and wicca starter kit and the God and Goddess statues.

Underneath I have my Book of Shadows, a rectangular box with the tarot cards Iā€™ve owned for years, another wooden box which contains herbs, crystals, incense, pestle and mortar etc.

And finally the wand and athame were again purchased from Etsy, handmade from hazel by a woodturner.

My bedroom altar is still a work in progress. This one faces South so Iā€™ve switched round the rotation of the altar points to match the orientation.

Iā€™d bought a mango wood altar table which I was going to use for my main altar but it didnā€™t work in the space downstairs. The tea light candle holder represents fire, blue agate geode represents water, the small urn contains some of my late dogā€™s ashes representing earth and the crochet angel is decorated with some feathers naturally shed by my cockatiels and a pigeon feather picked up in my local woods presenting air.

Again the Goddess statue was going to be for my main altar but didnā€™t work in the space. The branch is a placeholder for a wooden God statue Iā€™ve ordered from Etsy.

This evening Iā€™m planning to bless the altars.

26 Likes

Beautiful Altar @IrisW :grin:. Love that lamp also. Had to edit because I missed that cauldron!!! Nice!

Blessed Be,

7 Likes

Thank you @Rowan. Iā€™ve had the lamp for years, found it packed in a box after we moved last year and was so glad to find a place for it as I love it.

7 Likes

@IrisW Gorgeous! I absolutely love the idea of a wheeled trolly. It has all that great space for storage underneath. Your altar is beautiful.

I too have the ashes of my precious Yorkers stored in a Victorian box on one of my satellite altars.

7 Likes

Beautiful altars! And I really like your colorful Goddess/God statues! How very cute! And your altar cloths. So well done!

7 Likes

Iā€™ve decided that Altar envy is a sorrowful thing, That said.
WOW! beyond beautiful. I like, like, I like

7 Likes

You are so blessed & a Lovely display of amethyst.
An ancient & revered stones, at the very least for peace.
More Later, Blessed be

7 Likes

@Rowan I love your wand!

7 Likes

This is gorgeous! That purple lamp is soooo cute!

8 Likes

Thank you @Missa

7 Likes

Pedros10,
Thanks for the inspiration I think I am going to dedicate my alter too to Hecate too since I resonate with her!

6 Likes