Mineral Family: Quartz
Structure: Silicate
Hardness: 7
Chakra: Third Eye, Solar Plexus
Zodiac: Pisces :pisces:, Cancer :cancer:
Element: Water :sweat_drops:, Air
Planet: Uranus, Neptune
Color: Yellow :yellow_heart:, Purple :purple_heart:

:gem: Ametrine is found in the Anahi Mine, Bolivia. Bolivia is the world’s largest source for Ametrine. The mine became famous in the 17th century when a Spanish conquistador received an Ametrine as a gift. He had received the gift when he married a princess from the Ayoreos tribe by the name of Anahi from Bolivia. Although this source has been known to Bolivian natives for centuries, it has only been worked at a commercial level since the 1980’s.

:gem: Ametrine is sometimes called Trystine.

:gem: Some synthetic or lab-grown ametrine can have extremely bright, vivid and intense colors and since this isn’t normal for Ametrine, the authenticity should be questioned.

:gem: Ametrine comes in bands of yellow and purple. It’s easily identified by it’s unique bicoloring.

:gem: Since Ametrine is the bicolor union of both Amethyst and Citrine, Ametrine combines the properties of both crystals.

:gem: The Amethyst energy that the Ametrine contains makes it powerful in pacifying pain and negativity. While the properties of Citrine makes this stone helpful in maintaining the well being and focus of the person.

:gem: Ametrine unites both masculine and feminine energy.

:gem: Ametrine is considered a natural tranquilizer, which provides inner peace and relaxation.

:gem: Since Ametrine is the blend of both Amethyst and Citrine, it’s believed to be more powerful in money matters.

:gem: Other Properties:gem:
Decision making, aids depression, lethargy, fatigue, stress, and tensions., Enhances spirituality, emotional awareness, creativity, encouragement, control over one’s life, balance and connection, tension reliever, serenity, enhances acceptance of others, releases addiction, staying focused, inspiration, helps one to lose weight, breaks self defeating habits.

Here’s my Ametrine:

8 Likes

I thought all ametrine was lab made! I did not know it was natural. I may have to get some! Thanks, love!

5 Likes

There are a lot of fakes!!! If you don’t know how to tell if they’re fake, then chances are you probably have a couple (not you, but you get what I’m saying).

5 Likes

Hee! I get what you’re saying. I’ll have to find some from a reputable place!

5 Likes

Ask a dealer that you’d think is reputable, where is it from. Ametrine is ONLY from Bolivia…the best of the best!

5 Likes

Found a piece on Amazon, and I asked if it was from Bolivia. We’ll see what they say. Geofossils is usually pretty good.

4 Likes

Nice! I love the name of the mine or the name of the Princess, Anahi. It’s so pretty!

4 Likes

That is! :white_flower:

4 Likes