Animal symbolism-Birds

So, random thing happened today. To avoid my children, I listen to Audiobooks at my local park. As I’m sitting in my car, I hear knocking. I look around, kinda freaked out because I’m listening to a horror story and paranoid. Nothing! Happens three times and not one person, nothing falling on my car. I hear something on my car and it’s a common sparrow staring at me. It has knocked on my car three separate times! It then flew to a tree and stared at me. These birds are pretty skittish in my area so is this something to pay attention to? I’ve been having similar things happen with falcons. They will even land on the side of the road by my car in the same place every day. I feel like this is something I should pay attention to. Any thoughts?

9 Likes

Maybe it’s used to people feeding him? I don’t remember anything special about sparrows, but I’m sure there is somewhere.

7 Likes

Could be a loved one that has passed on taking the shape of a sparrow (to let you know they are still with you) so as not to alarm you ( since you were listening to a horror book). I know from personal experience whenever a spirit wants to get my attention they will always knock in 3’s. Just MHO.
:blush::blush::purple_heart::purple_heart:

8 Likes

Birds are often messengers. You’ve heard the saying “a little bird told me…”? We often use it now a days to hide our sources, but in olden days, it was a serious message.

Sparrows are the commoners in the bird world. It may be something simple.

Falcon presented itself to me once as the owner of all it sees- being able to catch a meal on the wing as one of the fastest birds.

That said, it is a good idea to meditate on these birds. Have a conversation with them, one by one, please. Falcons will eat sparrows. Ask them what messages they want to impart. Treat them with all due respect as a Spirit Guide and trusted friend. Perhaps offer the sparrow some bird seed- either in the back yard, at the park, or in meditations. A bird bath might be a nice offering. Falcons are meat eaters, so they are harder to find gifts for, but water is always good. Maybe put out a bowl of water by the car where you see the falcons?

Birds are creatures of habit. Seeing them in the same places every day is natural. Being able to get close to them is a special gift.

8 Likes