Animal totems which is yours?

I’ve always wondered what kind of animal I would be if I were a animal! Since I like cats I thought maybe I could be a cat but I’m not really sure! I like the bast and connect with Bast! Wondering about the topic! I watch witchinthecity On utube she talks about totem animals! You should check out her channel! I like connecting to animals!
Blessed be
Jeannie

15 Likes

I think owl. I have cats, I love cats, but I respond to owls.

10 Likes

It sounds like you have a connection with cats, @Jeannie1! :cat::two_hearts: It sounds like cats might be your Spirit Animal- an animal you resonate and connect with on a deep level.

If you’re interested, the Spirit Animal Totem Site has a huge list about different meanings and the spiritual symbolize of cats (even by color and breed!) :black_cat:

For anyone figuring out your Spirit Guide/Totem Animal (or is confused about all the different terms- there’s so many of them! :sweat_smile:) you might find some inspiration and information in Familiar Spirits and Power Animals.

10 Likes

Check these websites out!

https://forum.spells8.com/t/spirit-animals/2650/10?u=marissa

7 Likes

A few years ago I did a funny little test that was supposed to reveal my spirit animal and it said it was a Deer. Since then I get excited when the deer cross my path. We have a good herd of them in the park by my house. We have a National Park that is doing a lot to keep the land pristine and clean up parts that need attention. As a result we have a healthy population of wildlife. I love it, but I do have to guard my garden from nibblers. I have had fox, deer, possum, raccoon, crow, eagle, (and many other birds) come and visit. I love watching them. ! This picture must have been photo shopped. That is a fawn body with a mature males head. Or it is a CHITAL from India. But I like the image … to me it includes the life span of a deer in one picture.

7 Likes

I have never really thought about it but my first thought was a turtle. My friend made my spirit animal the turtle because she said I need to slow down and take it one day at a time. Since then I have turtle charms on my bracelets, for my hair, and one made of Lapis Lazuli that just called to me when I went to the Stone Store in my area.

4 Likes

I would have said mouse, but I don’t have any traits in common with the mouse. Maybe turtle? Something that burrows in its house anyways. I’m not one for going out unless I have to.

4 Likes

QUESTION: Can your spirit animal change with time?

5 Likes

Cat is something I’ve always felt connected to and even identified with, to the point of sometimes having entire conversations with my partner by meowing! :smile_cat: I think I even found my cat breed now :cat2:

Bengal Cat Totem
Folks with the Bengal Cat totem can be a little wild in nature. They have a secret longing for adventure, even though they portray a very mundane day to day existence. People with this Cat totem will also struggle with their communication skills. These struggles are a direct result of their battle with the Wildcat within. Folks with this power animal should also study the Leopard.

And indeed the traits of a Leopard are something I value and aspire to, but I’m not really there yet… :smile_cat:

People with the Leopard totem, like the Grizzly Bear totem, are patient and persistent in attaining their goals. Thus they tend to plan for all contingencies and can change direction if they need to. They naturally respect others in their environment as well as have a great deal of self-respect. Folks with this spirit animal totem are self-confident, wise, and courageous in the face of adversity. They have a great deal of personal power. Also, they understand the use of intention. These people have a gift for aligning the energy around them into a constant and stable balance.

The meaning and messages part sounded very reassuring though, even empowering! :muscle::smirk_cat:

The Bengal Cat meaning is a reminder that things are not always what they seem, and that what you see is not what you get. In other words, you understand things correctly. However, there is no reason to fear what you are seeing. Furthermore, gentleness and affection are found even in the most ferocious of beings. The Bengal is a cross between the domestic feline and the Asian Leopard.

Half leopard isn’t bad at all! Mreow! :smile_cat:

4 Likes

Deborah Blake, a pagan author I read, said that hers changed. It used to be a flock of sheep but once she learned what she needed it changed. So I’d say yes.

4 Likes

That is really interesting.

4 Likes

Wendy, I like owls :owl: they represent wisdom and their heads turn all the way around so they can always see in back of themselves! Very interesting
Thanks for sharing!
Jeannie

5 Likes

The Travel Witch,
That was my next question about spirit guides too I’m glad you mentioned it! I was just trying to get connected to my spirit guide!Thank you for the totem animal dictionary! Looks like you can have an animal totem and if you see him in your dreams you can get messages that way too!
Jeannie

4 Likes

You are very welcome @Jeannie1! :grin:

Great question, @Berta! I would say it depends on the person. I think everyone learns and grows as they age, and people may take on different traits or aspects of their spirit animal as they develop :bug::butterfly: .

But other people experience massive changes during their life- some sudden, some gradual. Some for the better, and some for the worse. I imagine that for people who go through very drastic changes, it is possible for them to connect with a different animal.

On that note, I’m putting the question out there out of curiosity- does anyone feel that they have multiple spirit animals? :thinking:

I relate to a few different animals, but I think in my case it’s more a matter of indecision than actually having multiple spirit animals :laughing::bear::elephant::wolf:

6 Likes

In our case… We’re a plural system (“multiple personalities”) and there are 4 of us in the same body (yes, we have elemental correspondences!), two of us identify with a cat, one of us is kinda undecided between a snake, a moth and a certain fictional character, and one might be a deer but there’s some snake too… so multiple spirits, multiple spirit animals? :smile:

Life is just beautifully strange, isn’t it? :revolving_hearts:

6 Likes

That makes sense.
I think many of us have had interesting if not out right challenging journeys through our life. I sometimes feel challenged by my spirit animal. She is more like a guide who shows me something I can aspire to.She is my soul’s Jiminy Cricket who whispers ‘calm’ into the turbulence. If I ever achieve all of her lessons then perhaps there will be another ‘teacher’ waiting to show me something else about myself as I relate with others. I believe ALL animals have lessons to teach us if we observe and listen. I believe our spirit animal is a guide into that world of nature we as human’s tend to set ourselves apart from. It is another path to show our connection to all living things.

6 Likes

Yes! An owl is one of my 3 animals.i love them. I’ve always connected with owls.

4 Likes

Marissa,
Thank you for all these wonderful things to discover! I’m glad I’m learning more and more! I did not no the owl was a bad omen to see in a dream! Besides I never see owls :owl: Once I saw a white owl in a cage at the state fair!

Once in my life I felt connected to the wolf but that was awhile ago!
I have been seeing a lot of crows and I don’t think there Ravens but there hard to tell the difference!
I have felt connected to the Lion too! So many animals. Now that I know about animal totems I’ll be more keen to paying attention!
Thanks so much Marisa for your support! Have fun finding your animal totem and connecting to them! It’s good to do research with all these great websites!
Thanks for all the research :face_with_monocle:
Blessed be
Jeannie

4 Likes

You are totally welcome!

4 Likes

Yes! There are actually different types of animal guides. Spirit Animal, Totem Animal, Power Animal.

• Spirit Animal: Attached to each lesson. Whatever lesson you are going through at the time. They come in and out of your life at different times.

• Totem Animal: Stay with you your whole life

• Power Animal: Getting you through your current situation(s)

9 Likes