Any 'Thrones' Fans? A Tarot Deck For You

Ok so i am going to admit I am a HUGE Game of Thrones fan… if you’re a Thronie too. I’m sure you’ll totally get my excitement over this find!

I went to a new crystal shop today about an hour away from home which I wanted to check out on the marina. Anywho I was looking. They had a lot of jewelry, a few tumbles to choose from, a few points, nothing was jumping out at me. I wasn’t connecting with anything really and I’m not gonna lie I was a little bummed. So I decided to just buy an agate slice and a couple of little geodes for my Wunderkammer (cabinet of curiosities). I had to go home with something. We went all that way.

As I was paying for my items I was looking around… as you do and i spotted a box that said ‘Game of Thrones Tarot’. So I think that I may have given the poor lady that owns the shop a fright with the squeal that i made. But I just could not believe what I was looking at. Mum thought I had hurt myself. If I could have melted into a puddle on the floor i would have.

I found my tarot deck today. I swear this was just the tarot deck i have wanted but didn’t think that it existed.

Some clever little clogs out there has adapted the thrones characters into the elements of the tarot. And if you understand the characters o m goodness they are spot on!

Here’s just a few of the major arcana…

I am in love! Totally worth the drive today!

12 Likes

I love the story and am going to see if I can find the deck. The cards are so appropriate. I love GOT!

7 Likes

Awesome!!! I absolutely love these! I found them on several websites, Amazon, B&N, even Walmart! Here’s a comparison: Google
Thank you @jessica72

6 Likes

They’re beautiful!!! I can’t make out who is the Devil though? Lucky you!!

7 Likes

Oh my goodness! I am an ardent fan of GoTs books and most of the tv series and this deck is FIRE!

What is the name of it / who created it? Would love to add it to my list of I Don’t Need Another Tarot Deck But I’m Getting One Anyway!

Thanks for sharing your amazing find!

7 Likes

@Sophie2Wands the Devil is Ramsay Bolton!

@rachel21 omg I hope you can find them! I promise you won’t be disappointed. I mean it’s things like the Queen of Swords is… Cersei! They’re just brilliant.

@marsha thank you so much for finding where you can buy them. I so hope anyone who wants one can get a deck.

@Artemisia me to books definatly no#1 hands down. And I agree about most of the tv series. Ok so to answer your question… Design by Michael Morris, Text by Liz Dean and Illustrations by Craig Ross and Published by Chronicle Books. And it’s full Title is Game of Thrones Tarot Deck and Guidebook.

Here’s the box…

8 Likes

Just thought I could share a couple of my favourite Thrones memes from my Pinterest board hahaha. So true.

9984ef7de9c8806c04ed67d33c922fbf
Image source: Pinterest

7a5681e349b2651029f56713dcb56a41
Image source: Pinterest

9 Likes

It’s awesome that you found a tarot that connects you to a fandom that you love! And the great story! You must have squeed ultrasonically!

And now I want a Law and Order tarot. LOL! Dun dun.

8 Likes

Oh now that would be cool! Law and Order is just brilliant.

Poor lady she must have wondered what kind of creature entered her store. I already have a voice that sounds like a deranged chipmunk. Oh but when I get squeaky… I sound like a chipmunk who’s swallowed helium.

8 Likes

Another Throne-ie here!!! Beautiful Deck!!! And of course Ramsey is the devil… :rofl:
I will have to add this to my wish list. Thanks for sharing @jessica72

9 Likes

There’s probably been enough characters on all the Law and Order spin off’s to fill out a full deck. I can see Jack McCoy as the Magician and … someone needs to make this for me!!! LOL!

8 Likes

That is pure awesomeness :slight_smile:

8 Likes

@jessica72 Ha! Well of course it’s Ramsay Bolton! But what card is Tywin Lannister? That meme is hilarious, but picture this: I watched the entire series with my parents… and I am massively uncomfortable seeing people just kissing on TV… I did have to explain a lot of what was happening to my mom, how freaking uncomfortable was that? Hahahahahahahahaha! I would love that set too.
@Amethyst Law & Order Tarot: John Munch as High Priest, Olivia Benson as the Heirophant? Dun. Dun.

7 Likes

I would have squealed out loud too- what a find, @jessica72! :heart_eyes: And wow, this is such a great way to get into tarot- anyone who understands the characters will know the meanings of the cards they appear on, it’s actually a really great way to study the cards :clap:

Not to mention that GoT tarot seems like a great way to warm up for the upcoming GoT prequel House of the Dragon :dragon_face: :fire: :wink:

Thanks so much for sharing, Jessica- enjoy your gorgeous new deck! :sparkles::blush:

8 Likes

Omg yes! House of the Dragon. Fire and Blood all the way!

8 Likes

Ahhh I’m so excited too @jessica72!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :dragon_face: :sparkles:

May you continue to enjoy your gorgeous GoT deck as we wait for the next series to get started :partying_face: :heart:

7 Likes

Let us not forget STABLER…thoughts on his card??? Love me some Stabler and Benson. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

Emperor and Empress. LOL. Goren could be the Hanged Man.

6 Likes

:star_struck:Absolutely!!!

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.