Anyone use singing bowls?

Hi everyone,
So i recently purchased a singing bowl online after seeing on at my local pagan store and am so curious and amused by their lovely sound. Does anyone actively use one in their meditation practices?

9 Likes

I use mine every night before bed for a 5 minute meditation. It sounds beautiful and is a really nice way to end my day.

Congratulations on your purchase and I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine. :blush:

8 Likes

What an amazing tool! I would never have thought about a singing bowl, but I bet it’s just lovely! I can’t wait to hear (haha) how you incorporate it! I have heard of using bells in rituals (though I haven’t ever used them yet), but maybe you could use your bowl that way too… maybe a lovely way to invoke the air element? (Does sound do that since it travels through the air?) anyway, I’m so excited for you!

6 Likes

@Satu_TheGreenWitch that sounds simply amazing.

7 Likes

@TheMuslimWitch
I’ve heard the singing bowls and they almost lift your soul.
I had some amazing wind chimes that Rich gave me for our 25th anniversary. What a deep and heavenly sound. I miss them so.
One of our “less than navel lint” neighbors stole them and sold them when we were away one Christmas. We had her arrested and charged with theft but the chimes were long gone. We took her to court and was granted full compensation for our loss. Never saw a penny.
But I refuse to let it bring me down, after all, life is a circle, it all comes around.
the jealous one
sending love and sunshine
Garnet

5 Likes

Thank you and I am sure it will be awesome when it arrives :blush:

5 Likes

Thanks it is sounds so heavenly…. I haven’t received my one yet but from previous experience it’s so sweet and mesmerising :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

I am sorry for ur loss of the chimes… Some people just completely disregard others and their feelings and can be such a holes… At least u have the memories… :hugs::heart:

5 Likes

That is so exicting, @TheMuslimWitch- congrats on your new singing bowl! :heart::blush:

I love Tibetan singing bowls but I never bought one of my own (although there were a few close calls in Thailand- the downside of backpacking is no room for souvenirs! :laughing:).

The meditation videos with singing bowls can’t quite equal having the real thing, but for those of us who don’t have our own, they are great to listen to when meditating :person_in_lotus_position:

5 Likes

I’ve started cleansing my witchy boxes with singing bowls before shipping them out to the customer. :slight_smile:

I’ve found it works just as nicely as smoke cleansing - although I still do that as well :slight_smile:

I also use it before meditation and after.

I also attended a meditation event – this woman had over 40 singing bowls in the room and had them all going over the 45 minute session – it was amazing!! I believe it was called Crystal Frequency – Singing Bowl Meditation. I did it about 3 years ago.

7 Likes

I used mine recently and loved it. I decided to use it before and after meditation to symbolise the starting and ending of the meditation session. I also cleansed mine before use but as the new owner as i am not sure who has handled it :blush:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.