Apple-Cheddar Bread 🍏

Today’s recipe is in honor of Fall, and although I haven’t baked it looks yummy as all get out! It’s got bacon and apples and cheddar cheese, who could ask for anything more!

Apple-Cheddar Bread :green_apple: :cheese:

hands-on: 25 mins
total: 2 hrs
Yield: Makes 1 loaf

Ingredients:

1 Âľ cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
½ teaspoon table salt
â…› teaspoon ground red pepper
4 thick bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
1 cup peeled and diced Granny Smith apple (about 1 small apple)
Âľ cup (3 oz.) shredded extra-sharp Cheddar cheese
½ cup toasted chopped pecans
1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
3 large eggs
â…“ cup milk
â…“ cup canola oil
Shortening

Directions:

Step 1

Preheat oven to 350°. Whisk together flour and the next 3 ingredients in a large bowl until thoroughly combined. Stir together bacon and the next 4 ingredients in a medium bowl. Whisk together eggs, milk, and oil in a small bowl.

Step 2

Add egg mixture to flour mixture, and stir just until dry ingredients are moistened; stir in bacon mixture just until incorporated. Transfer dough to a greased (with shortening) and floured 8 1/2- x 4 1/2-inch loaf pan.

Step 3

Bake at 350° for 55 minutes to 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean, shielding bread with aluminum foil after 40 to 45 minutes to prevent excessive browning. Cool bread in a pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan, and cool 30 minutes before slicing.

Recipe courtesy of My Recipes.

4 Likes

Yup, that’s a whole lot of goodness packed into one tasty-sounding recipe! :drooling_face: :two_hearts: Not to mention it’s a bread too- this one really has the best of all the worlds in it!

Thanks for spreading the autumn enthusiasm with these perfect seasonal recipes, @Amethyst- they are always a delight to see! :heart:

2 Likes

You’re welcome dear heart! I’ve got oodles of fall recipes coming to my inbox. The only problem is which to choose! LOL!

2 Likes

Mmm you’ve won my heart with this one!!! :yum::drooling_face:

2 Likes

I must say @Amethyst you always provide us with some delicious :yum: tasty recipes. I am In love with your choices everytime.

2 Likes

I hope it’s as tasty as it sounds!

Thank you, @NickWick! I get emails with loads of seasonal recipes. The problem is choosing just one each week. Decisions, decisions!

3 Likes