Attempt at a Different Perspective

Possible trigger warnings. Death, abuse, war.

Once upon a time, there was a spirit who had just finished her earth walk after an illness. Other spirits were around her.

One pointed at a human and said,“Take care of her.”

Then they all left to fight in a war which coincided with the illness which had taken the spirit from her earth walk. She was alone. There had been no time for training.

She wanted to fight alongside the other spirits. In her own mind, she would have been a great Valkyrie. This human she was told to take care of was fat and ugly, so she believed the human was evil. To take care of her was to punish her for her sins. Somehow, this human had all she needed to survive quite a while on her own, so the spirit began her punishments by removing those supplies, one by one. The human got angry, but accepted the changes as part of the illness/war process. When the human tried to replace the removed items, the spirit put a blanket of protection around the human that no part of the war or other spirit could get through.

As things got worse for the human, she cried out for assistance from any source she could access. The blanket of protection made her invisible and silent. She went hungry as the guardian spirit believed she needed to lose weight. Instead, the human ballooned ever larger.

Someone noticed the human’s hunger and opened a path to a place where she could get the food and care she needed. This angered the spirit. Instead of learning from the gentle nudge, she blocked off all supplies. Again, someone noticed and opened a window for the human. Meanwhile, the human took every effort to self start, self protect, and gently remove all negativity. The spirit shut down the window of opportunity, too. Healthy activities led to food, so the spirit made the human ill with various little things- nothing life threatening- just to keep the human under the spirit’s control and thwart self starting activities. These included cleaning and creativity as well as exercize.

The human turned a desperate prayer to someone, anyone, who may want to work with her instead of against her. Only the spirit could hear, so she introduced herself through an oracle deck, calling herself a goddess and allowing her immense power to ripple out through the card drawn. Instead of bowing down to the goddess, the human got angry and stopped doing anything the spirit would have wanted. Since the spirit wanted the human to lose weight, the shut down was perfect. The human played right into the hands of the spirit.

All of a sudden, the human noticed that not drinking enough water had not caused the expected symptoms of dehydration. Somehow, the vampiric energy drain worked both ways: the human could survive off of the spirit’s energy with no physical effects. She didn’t want to do this because she knew what it felt like, but this was a matter of life and death for the human. It seemed like there was no choice. Hopefully, the spirit would experience the effects of the human’s defiance, realize something was wrong, and make amends. The human knew that if the spirit- which she refused to consider a deity- caught on to what the human realized, the backlash would be deadly; so she put her affairs in order and prepared for the final showdown, silently begging her former helpers to step in so this cup would pass from her.

Yet she knew she was strong enough to see it through. After all, no one gets out of life alive. This final human act would either teach the new spirit some respect or destroy her. It would also cause a pall on the human’s reputation; but the intent was not to destroy, only to find dignity and freedom from fangs, or at most to teach. The spirit would be the decider of the final outcome.

The human realized that most other humans do not recognize themselves in the spirit mirror which was her gift and talent in the world. She wrote her experiences as a fairy tale and enumerated her possibilities. If the spirit were freshly deceased, she’d never see it coming, even with all the hints on public display.

Memory of the energy ripples around the oracle card would become the human’s link to empowerment. Since she didn’t really need anything, or didn’t have power over what she did need, she would press thoughtform after thoughtform toward healing the earth, the neighborhood, the elements, people who had helped her in the past, anything she could access through the overly protective blanket.

“I’m getting evil in my old age,” the human said with a sly grin.

She felt shaky, but there were no other signs of energy over use or the lowered access to water. This would be a good thing to do daily as long as strength held out.

9 Likes

@georgia did you write this?

10 Likes

Just this morning. What do you think?

10 Likes

My heart aches for the human who is only trying her best to survive. Will the other spirits come back? Would they be able to put the rogue spirit in line and finally offer sanctuary to the poor human?

You had me hanging on every word, @georgia. You’re truly a master writer.

Sending love and light your way :people_hugging: :heart:

10 Likes

Very profound. I feel adding illustrations would be wonderful, very creative :sparkling_heart:

10 Likes

What kind of illustrations? I’m not much of an artist, but I’d like to see what’s in your mind, even if in words.

10 Likes

I will see if I can sketch what’s in my head, I’ll have to re-read, as they popped into my head as I was reading. :sparkling_heart: I’ve bookmarked so I can give some time to this. You’re writing is very visual I think. You’re very talented

10 Likes

The human I saw as petite, brown hair ordinary looking, the kind of person you never notice in life. You described her as fat and ugly, but I saw her as plain, the spirits bias made her ugly to the spirit.

The spirit I see as skinny, with a sharp face, her body is whispy but still visible but her face is very clear. Wide eyes, strong brows, narrow mouth, strong straight nose, she’s beautiful but in a sad bitter way. If she smiled from her heart I feel she could light up a room, but her heart is heavy so her eyes lack any light.

The blanket of protection I saw the human walking through a crowd with an invisible wall around her that no-one could see, but everyone avoided, almost like a parting of the sea but with people instead of waves. At one point, when she is noticed there’s a gap in the wall of people with one person beckoning her to come into a small house.

The scene where the human is taking every effort to self start etc, I see her in meditation with all her traumatic thoughts circling around her head as she’s tries to find balance.

The oracle deck, I see the human sat on the floor reading the cards and the spirit is hovering above the cards and above the human, huge, ghostly, same look but meaner.

At this scene, I see the human getting prettier in her face, less plain Jane, same face but prettier, the more she fights the prettier she gets. Almost like the external was trying to compensate for the internal suffering saying look how lovely I really am. Don’t waste away.

I didn’t see the human as getting evil, but more of getting stronger and perhaps starting to be affected by the bitterness of the spirit, this showed in her pretty face as the eyes lose their light.

Does any of this make sense. It’s hard putting pictures into words. I will try and draw it. :sparkling_heart:

10 Likes

Good catch.

I never thought of it that way. Thanks.

We always hope not, but it does happen when theabuse is just too much to handle. Sometimes it seems like we come into life full of positive energy; and certain experiences leach all the good out of us, no matter what we do, think, or intend. This is why I don’t follow with the “You caused it yourself” crowd.

11 Likes

I’m working on some sketches now, may take awhile as I’m old school, no AI just pencil and paper, see what happens :rofl:

11 Likes

This is kinda what I saw when I visualised your spirit. It’s just a rough sketch.

And here’s the other version, more ghostly

11 Likes

Oh wow. Those are gorgeous. :heart_eyes:

11 Likes

@starborn aww thankyou, they’re doodles but I’m working on them :person_shrugging:

10 Likes

Interesting. Thank you. Your art is nice. I actually didn’t have a vision in mind, so it is good to have a face to go with the story. All I saw was the oracle card- a beauty with waterfalls for hair.

11 Likes

Love the artwork

@georgia your such a a lovely writer. I hope you are well :people_hugging::people_hugging::people_hugging::people_hugging:

11 Likes

Thank you! Hugs are always welcome.

:people_hugging: :people_hugging:
:people_hugging: :people_hugging:

11 Likes

Well I have plenty of those especially for such a lovely witch as yourself. I wish we lived closer I’d come say hi

11 Likes

I love it. You write with such passion. I can feel your emotions. Lots of love and hugs :people_hugging: :purple_heart::heart::people_hugging:

11 Likes

I’ll let you know when I next head up to Ft Wayne for a visit with my mother. Would that be close enough? Maybe we can convince @john1 to drop down from the Windy City to join us- or I can plan my bus trip through Chicago for an hour’s visit.

You, too!
:people_hugging:
:sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart:

9 Likes

Ft Wayne is 2.5 hours away and Chicago is about an hour away, so I could go to Illinois, but Fort Wayne is a bit of a ride…

9 Likes