Attempt to make my own Runes

Oh no I love them :heart_eyes: they give them character and did you know that the translation for the first Rune Fehu translates to cattle or cow :hugs:

5 Likes

@Liisa
Yes, been reading about it.
Will become my favourite rune😹
Is all connected, isn’t it?
Like placing the last piece on a jigsaw, so exciting!:water_buffalo::face_with_hand_over_mouth:

5 Likes

Basil, your rune sticks are amazing! :star_struck: I think it is very creative to incorporate different aspects on them- the runes, planets, and other references. It is a really brilliant idea! :sparkles:

I also think using the rune sticks and feather runes together is a good way to cross-check your readings. Using two methods can help to clarify and make sure that you get the most important messages they are trying to share with you :+1: Beautiful!

5 Likes

@BryWisteria .
Thank you. I was just thinking to use to sets of runes to reinforce messages.
Like Mahjongg with 4 tiles per symbol or Tarot showing same cards in several readings.:taurus:

5 Likes

How interesting. A most clever idea.

6 Likes

Those all look so pretty, you are very creative using the feathers for the runes. :slight_smile:

also blessed be :butterfly:

6 Likes

@summer2.
Thank you. I have a drake that supplies me with those feathers. If you ever feel like make runes with feathers or sticks, can tell you what I’ve learnt in the process.
At least what I will not do next time!
I’m on a learning curve, but I’m quite happy with the results, so far.
Blessed be🙏

5 Likes

@audre. Thanks.
Sticks are easier to handle than feathers, they can hide everywhere :face_with_hand_over_mouth:.
I like to use both.
Blessed be :pray:

4 Likes

Your creativity with the Runes have really inspired me the last couple of days and I thought of another couple of ideas for making Runes :slight_smile: I bought this inkpad (the ink is gold but the picture is too bad to see that lol) and little wooden tags and tiny paint canvases:

What do you think? :heartpulse: Blessed Be :heartpulse:

6 Likes

Can’t wait to see those finished runes, Lisa!

@basil I agree that this topic was very inspiring especially for those in a budget

5 Likes

@Francisco. It’s either plain bollocks or am putting all my energy into it.
I know needs some work to get it perfect, but am pleased with the answers I’ve got so far!:taurus:

4 Likes

@Liisa.
Interesting. Write as much info as you need on both sides. There’s only 24-25 symbols, so unleash your creativity.
Keep us updated.
Thinking already ways to use those tags :smiley:

4 Likes

@basil @Francisco Updates will be posted :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

What about cross-stitching as an idea? I don’t think you could make a Rune set because they would have to be quite big. But, you could make talismans and BindRunes like that :slight_smile:

5 Likes

@Liisa. Brilliant if you have and know how to use a machine.
I found a rune generator app.
Write your name, sentences, make sigils.
I will try to make ginger biscuits runes next Christmas.
Hang the taggs anywhere, window decoration, fridge magnets.
So many possibilities.
Seen this app. where you can change the runes position to make intricate designs, such as sun catchers.:+1::four_leaf_clover:

4 Likes

I love the Younger Futhark alphabet for making written spells :heart_eyes: That’s why I’m so drawn to The Runes they, like most magical symbols, are so flexible in how you can use them :slight_smile:

You don’t need a machine for Cross-Stitching, just a needle, thread, an embroidery hoop and the right fabric here’s a link to explain better than I can Cross-Stitching :heartpulse:

3 Likes

Excellent ideas. I normally incorporate them in my candle spells as a way to intensify the energy. I am still a beginner on how to read them, but I find them quite comforting to use. Thanks for the ideas; they make more sense now when you actually craft them. :grin:

5 Likes

@fabian. Thanks, will carve them on my candles from now on​:+1::smiley::pray::taurus:

4 Likes

Wow! That is so creative! It feels so warm and fuzzy to creat your own tools! I took the dollar store route. Glass stones and a metallic marker. And a set of flashcards to learn them!

8 Likes

That’s super creative and they look professionally made!

Good luck in your learning of the runes! :four_leaf_clover:

3 Likes

Basil,
What a great idea, to use feathers 🪶
I think because feathers are a symbol and corresponds to air and the conscious mind it seems to be that it will help with the mind!
Incredible idea I think you can throw them up in the air and see where they land! :clap:
Blessed be!:dizzy:

4 Likes