Awareness When Walking

Another mindfulness meditation practice - enjoy!! :walking_woman: :walking_man: :man_walking:

11 Likes

I really enjoy walking meditations, but it’s also a form of meditation I struggle with- there’s so much to see when you’re moving! :laughing: It’s really easy for me to get distracted, then lost in my thoughts, and fall down the rabbit hole of my usual thought processes (aka not meditating) :sweat_smile:

It’s lovely to turn the focus to awareness- taking in all of the beautiful things, appreciating them as they are in the moment, and then letting them go to enjoy the next beautiful thing.

Wonderful video- thank you so much, @Silverbear! :heart::walking_woman:

6 Likes

I wish i could walk around outside barefoot. Oh that would be lovely. But my illness prevents it. I have sound sitting outside under my white ash or blue weeping willow helps alot

6 Likes

I’m with you on the wishing I could walk barefoot, except mine is because the Texas heat would cause the concrete/asphalt to burn the soles of my feet off! I will take my sandals off and walk to under my pecan tree where my outside altar is and sit there to meditate while listening to the birds.

6 Likes

Oh thats great. But yes u would burn your feet if u walked barefoot. Too hot in texas. Lol. Mine feels like im being stabbed or layers of skin is being peeled off. So ill sit then take my shoes off. I cant even wear sandals. I have drop foot on both feet so my feet while walking would get scraped and cut up.

6 Likes