Baby Solitary Secular

Merry meet & Happy Solstice! I have felt a calling for many years but recently it’s turned into more of a screaming lol. Synchronicities coming from this way and that literally multiple times a day. After a while, you start to think hey… maybe these aren’t coincidences and I need to listen. For example, I’ve been lurking on this page for months but monies have been tight so I had to be happy with just the newsletter. First big step I took onto my path I started doing a simple cinnamon ritual on the 1st of each month. Yesterday, a completely unexpected lump of money fell in our laps, today I pull the Death card on Winter Solstice, and then come across the email with the coupon. I hear you, Universe! So here I am.

I am excited to be a part of a community with no judgement, where I can learn and grow. Right now, I am sponging up all the information I can. I’m mostly focused on growing my knowledge bank and trying to hone my intuition through tarot. I have the Cosmic Tarot deck and the RWS deck. I definitely have more of a connection with the Cosmic deck.

I’m not super big on labels but if categorization would be required, I’d say eclectic with a pinch of not-sure-yet and a dash of no-gods-please… that all may change as I continue my journey. I’m not locking anything out or placing any uneducated expectations on myself. I am quite interested in kitchen & green witchery… if I can get my green thumb sorted. Right now it’s more of a brown thumb. My paternal grandmother was a witch… she had many convinced she was Marie Laveau reincarnated; which very well may be true if her stories are legit. I do come from a family of entertainers so… shrug She could heal, was a clairvoyant, and sometimes an instrument of karma - of that I am certain.

Anyway. Hello. I’m here. Let’s journey together.

9 Likes

Welcome @Shine! I’m Siofra_Strega, a moderator within the forum & from Cape Cod! I’m a witch… currently I am working on learning to read tarot intuitively & I suppose it would be re-learning to trust my intuition too.

There is no need for labels, I suppose they are more descriptions really & if you do or don’t work with any deities… that is entirely up to you also. It’s your path so be comfortable with it!

We do have courses on kitchen, green witchery, tarot… the courses can be found here. There’s quite a few topics & even if it’s something you already know or haven’t worked with, it’s good to have the knowledge anyway for the future or just to have for yourself. We also have the current :tada: Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - 13 Days of Holiday Celebrations that just started today. You can also check out past challenges: Weekly Witchy Challenges :fire: A History for ideas on how to approach them & topics covered in the past. When we have catch up challenges, you are able to submit an entry for any 2 - 3 of the past challenges at that time. The catch up challenges are every 10 challenges & within the post it will tell you how many you are able to submit at that time. :smiling_face:

Feel free to search the forum for any topics of interest & if you have any questions at all, feel free to ask. Everyone here is very friendly & helpful. Someone will be right along to help you out & at the very least get you pointed in the right direction. Also feel free to jump in on any open topic or start your own! We love :heart: to learn new things!

I look forward to learning with you & seeing you in the forum!

6 Likes

Merry meet @Shine and I’m so happy you’re here!!!

6 Likes

Welcome to the forum @Shine :wave:

My name is Megan and I’m one of the moderators here at Spells8 :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: it’s nice to meet you!

I’m glad you’ve been able to join us! I hardly ever believe in coincidences – trusting yourself and your intuition can be hard. But you’re here! Welcome! We’re a friendly bunch of people here, and you’ll find zero judgment! We are open and welcoming to any path that someone may walk – witch, Christian, atheist, or otherwise – and we encourage growth in all forms.

Can I just say I love how you phrased this? :laughing: This is a perfect little not-label for yourself because it gets the point across straight away that you’re into all kinds of paths and don’t worship any deities. Perfect! :clap:

6 Likes

Thank you so much! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

:crazy_face: Always glad to conjure a smile

5 Likes

Hello! Thank you! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Hi @Shine! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

Your grandmother sounds like quite the character. I would have liked to have known her. I’m happy you’ve come out of lurkdom and are able to join us! I look forward to getting to know you.

6 Likes

She was an exceptional human. Your name actually holds a special place between she and I. I was with her when her energy moved on. I had brought 2 amethysts and had them pressed between my hand and her. One was buried with her & I kept the other. Since amethysts strengthen psychic connection I was hoping for a walkie talkie like effect. If I can ever learn to control my thoughts & quiet my brain… Who knows? Nice to meet you :hugs:

6 Likes

Welcome hope you have a great time here!

6 Likes

Nice to meet you too! I hope you’re able to connect someday.

5 Likes

Merry meet @Shine,

Don’t mind if I jump on the welcome wagon as well! I’m Bry, another moderator here in the forum and a fellow Eclectic Witch- it is a pleasure to meet you :blush:

Hahaha I love this! The call does make itself known, however it has to :joy:

I’m glad you followed your heart and that you found your way here, Shine- congrats to you for embarking on your exciting magickal journey! :sparkles::mage: I hope that you are able to find everything you are looking for and more- there sure are a lot of resources around here! I like to say that the best resource of all is the coven- you are very welcome to make a new topic and ask, inquire, or simply chat at anytime. The coven is here for you! :infinite_roots:

Make yourself at home- looking forward to talking (and journeying!) with you more soon. Blessed be! :heart:

6 Likes

Welcome @Shine! You have definitely found a great place! I’m Ailey. I live in Georgia. We are so glad you’re here! I can’t wait to get to know you and see you around the forum! Happy Yule!

5 Likes

Hello :hugs: and Welcome home :infinite_roots: @Shine

It’s nice to meet you, Shine, I’m Marsha, an Eclectic Solitary Witch, from Colorado. Labels are not required or even needed! I use eclectic because it covers everything! I’m always learning something new, doing things differently, or letting things go, and it still fits!

I’m so glad your path has led you here to Spells 8 and I’m looking forward to continuing our journey together! We are here for you, Shine, welcome to the family. :people_hugging:

With love :heart: and magick :dizzy: always

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.