Baby Vapor Rub Essential Oils

For those of you who have children, I found some of the best essential oils to use on delicate skin.
Baby Vapor Rub Essential Oils

• Fir – Douglas fir or fir needles are gentle options that are great in a DIY vapor rub. They help the respiratory system and are generally safe for infants 3 months and older when diluted properly.
  • Cedarwood (Virginian) – This woodsy-smelling oil makes a great ingredient in moisturizing men’s lotion. But it’s also perfect in home remedies for coughing and to help relax.
  • Lavender – Like tea tree oil, lavender has skin-soothing properties. It’s also high in monoterpenes, making it great for respiratory support.
    Love and good health
    Garnet
    Homemade Vapor Rub: A Simple and Natural DIY Vapor Rub Recipe
8 Likes

These are great for a vapor rub, I just want to caution everyone that essential oils can be toxic to children and should be used with lots and lots of caution!

Highly toxic essential oils include camphor, clove, lavender, eucalyptus, thyme, tea tree, and wintergreen oils, the researchers noted. Many essential oils can cause symptoms such as agitation, hallucinations and seizures. Symptoms may also include chemical burns, breathing problems, liver failure and brain swelling, among others. - More Kids Accidentally Poisoned by Essential Oils

6 Likes

Saving this! I have an addiction to vapor rub… not kidding… I use it all the time! I have a jar that sits by my bed and I put a dab on every night before I go to sleep. I can’t wait to try this out and see how it compares!

6 Likes

Thanks, Megan,
I put the site I found it up and they did give me the precautions. Next time, I’ll add the ages and precautions too.
Thanks
Megan

5 Likes

No worries! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: It’s one of those things that can be dangerous without a lot of people knowing, so I just wanted to give the added precautionary message :blush:

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.