Back to the drawing board

Hi all, so last Friday i decided to prepare for a pretty big spell and was super excited and sure that it would turn out. It involved me carving out a pumpkin, adding a few ingredients, writing the person’s name (its a spell to keep trouble makers away), and use some oils and a candle wick which i was supposed to light each Friday for 7 continual weeks…
Well i go back out today seeming it is the 2nd Friday, and what do i see (had to be done outside) in a safe clean dry area the pumpkin has totally moulded inside and has slanted to the side with a big cut in it with all the oil oozing out…
Was wondering if you guys had any other suggestions for a spell that will keep trouble makers (and their tongues) a bay I am not looking to hurt or control anyone, really just keep them from meddling in my family life whenever they decide they have a different point of view they tend to aim their anger at me…

13 Likes

Well, the pumpkin rotting like that is pretty normal, so I don’t think there’s anything to worry about. I would let the pumpkin rot and keep lighting the candle. There’s no way the pumpkin would last 7 weeks anyway as that’s just entirely too long. I think the pumpkin rotting gives the person a good warning to stay away and makes the situation unpleasant for them if they come near. I say keep lighting the candle every Friday and toss the pumpkin in the trash :clap:

11 Likes

Hi @TheMuslimWitch,

Sorry about the pumpkin problems - when I was reading your post I thought you were going to say that some critters came and ate it! :chipmunk: I agree with Megan, one way or another, pumpkins and squashes don’t tend to last long when they’re left outside, unfortunately:sweat_smile: :jack_o_lantern:

Still, she’s right! You could continue on with the candle part of the spell as per the instructions :+1:

If you’re looking into other spell options, have you thought about a freezer spell? There are different variations out there (and all can be adapted to suit your needs) but they work by “freezing” someone’s actions. It’s a bit less final that a cord cutting (cutting someone out of your life entirely) and is kind of middle ground or compromise to continue working with someone but without their bad behavior.

Here are two you might consider or adapt:

Whatever you choose to do, I hope you’re able to keep any troublemakers away!

Much love and many blessings :sparkles:

10 Likes

I say buried the pumpkin it’s good for the ground naturally and it’s spell will stay on your property with your intent

10 Likes

Thanks good advice… :blush:Only issue is i took one look at the pumpkin and didn’t light it yesterday on Friday as i took it the wrong way as in the spell backfired on me since the individual i want to keep away was too powerful??? But now reading your comment it does really seem that it is a warning. Perhaps i will wait until next Friday and continue light it, but from day one i had the issue of getting the wick to sty up in the oil as it wanted to go out even when i popped it up higher on a wood stick which obviously burn and the wick fell in the oil and went out anyways…
Anyways any suggestion for this issue?

9 Likes

Thank you :blush: and yes i don’t particularly want them cut out (more just wishful thinking they will live a good life but not be apart of mine) as they are my husband’s sister who has been known too cause break-ups/divorces so as long as it suits her feelings, which i think is very selfish.
A freezer spell was going to be my next choice for a spell.
Any suggestions on how to get the wick to stay up in the oil? I mean most of it leaked out but i could try using a needle??

9 Likes

Good thinking :+1:
It will be extremely gross though after 7 weeks as it looks horrid right now can’t imagine the smell in 7 weeks time lol… It would be like burying the negative issue at hand… Thanks for the tip :blush:

8 Likes

Your very welcome :people_hugging:

7 Likes

This is also a good option depending on what was put in the pumpkin as salts and some oils aren’t good for the ground.

I think it’s perfectly fine to continue the spell as it is, even if you missed a day. If you’re worried about the candle and wick, you could try cleansing it or restarting the spell from scratch with a new candle. Candles are fickle and sometimes the wicks don’t want to play nice :laughing:

7 Likes

Yes i get that a lot. It is very rare that i get a strong flame from a candle. Perhaps i need to cleanse them more often :blush:

6 Likes

The needle is a good idea, but I’d be worried it would interfere with the burn - if the wick can’t get enough air or it loses access to the oil it may go out right away. Like Megan said, candles can be really finicky - too much oil or wax, or too little oil or wax, and they might have a tantrum and refuse to burn :sweat_smile:

If you want to keep trying with the current setup, I second Megan’s idea of using a new candle! Good luck and blessed be :candle: :sparkles:

4 Likes