Background?

Hi everyone! I have seen around the coven where people mention being the daughter of Hates or one of the others, if that makes sense? Lol. I was just wondering how to figure all of that out?

Blessed be, everyone! :sparkles:

8 Likes

Hi Kayla!

Usually what I take this to mean is that the person is saying they are a follower of that particular deity, not necessarily an incarnation of that deity’s offspring. It’s sort of like how Christian’s say they are God’s children.

7 Likes

This how I interpret it to be also.

Personally, I work with Brigid :candle: & the Morrigan :raven: They both are Celtic :triskele: Goddesses. I read & meditated & learned about different ones.

As for figuring it out, it will come in time as you explore & learn about different things & associations, you’ll probably feel a pull toward a deity or pantheon. Only you will know when that happens. & even if takes a while or nothing feels like a connection… either is perfectly fine! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

You’ll know what works for you & will be able to figure out which path feels right for your practice.

7 Likes

Ah, yes all of that does make sense! Lol, I was just curious how it worked. Now I’m going to be doing a lot of research :crazy_face::memo: Thank you all so much for your feedback!! :black_heart:

4 Likes

@kayla42 you are very welcome. Do you know if you are drawn to a certain culture? You could start there & look into the history & mythology of that… & learn about the different Gods & Goddesses from there & if any seem to be jumping out at you.

There are also different topics within the forum regarding different Gods & Goddesses:

I know there seems to be a lot, but you don’t have to go through them all in one sitting. I would look through them maybe one at a time though & see if any of them you happen to feel a connection to or read through the different stories & questions that have previously been asked about deities & look through the responses.

Take your time, I don’t mean to overwhelm you with the information, but it’s there should you ever want to look further into them & then start doing some research & reading on your own.

Pagan Portals is a great set of books about different aspects of witchcraft/paganism along with books or book series on Gods & Goddesses. :hugs:

6 Likes

Thank you so much!! That is very helpful, I will definitely look into these! :relaxed:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.