Balm for Chronic Pain/Fibromyalgia

Hi all,

I just wanted to share this hoping that it may benefit others who, like me, may experience chronic pain across the body.

Ingredients
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup beeswax
2 tsp ground cayenne
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground turmeric
(You can use 2 tsp of either ginger or turmeric instead of 1 of both)
15 drops Peppermint Essential Oil
15 drops Lavender Essential Oil

Equipment
Glass jar
Pot
Cooker/hob
Teaspoon
Stirrer
Metal storage tins

Method

1. Place the coconut oil and beeswax in a glass jar.
  2. Place the jar in a pot and add 2 inches of water.
  3. Gently heat to melt the coconut oil and beeswax.
    4 Stir in the ground spices.
  4. Allow to cool slightly before stirring in the essential oils.
  5. Pour into metal tins and let it cool.
  6. When set, it can be applied to areas of pain.

I hope this will being some relief to those that need it.

Blessed be

Alan

15 Likes

Beautiful recipe- I’m glad it helps you, Alan! Thank you very much for sharing it :pray: :heart:

10 Likes

Thank you for sharing! I generally have chronic pain from getting older, injuries from running or stiffness from MS so I’m always on the lookout for natural ways to mitigate pain and soreness! I made a CBD/THC salve a couple of months back that I like a lot for pain. I have saved your recipe to try out a batch soon.

8 Likes

There is also a version you can take as a morning “shot”

Juice 2 lemons and a piece of ginger (1-2 inches)
Combine the juices
Add 1/4 tsp of turmeric
Add 1/4 tsp of cayenne
Stir together and drink the shot.

Provides energy to kick start the day as awell as antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and digestive benefits.

8 Likes

@Artemisia like u im always on the lookout for new things to try. If u could send me this recipe that would be awesome.

@Cosmic_Curiosity awesome recipe. Definitely gonna give it a try. I maks my own capsaicin salve. But ive found that i can heal and help everyone else around me, but they never help when i make them for myself.

8 Likes

Sorry realised it should be 1/4 cup of beeswax but wouldn’t let me edit.

6 Likes

I’ve updated it in the first recipe above! :+1: (As I’m assuming the beeswax is not going into the morning shot :face_with_hand_over_mouth:)

5 Likes

Thank you! It wouldnt let me edit it. And no…def not for the shot :rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

Happy to help! :heart: I believe there is a 24-hour edit limit to posts. After that, we’re happy to assist if things need switching! :grinning:

Hahaha I figured- that would be one waxy shot :joy: :honeybee:

5 Likes

Absolutely, I’ll DM you the link since I’m not 100% sure what the forum policies are on this topic being posted the public section :wink:

5 Likes

So creative, id like to try to make something for pain

3 Likes

@Cosmic_Curiosity Does this discolor your skin and/or clothes? Turmeric stains my tea cups, so I wasn’t sure if it would. I have fibromyalgia and ALS. Double whammy there. I have the chronic widespread pain from fibromyalgia. Then I get pain as a secondary symptom from the muscle wasting caused by the ALS.

5 Likes

Yes i have just found that out the hard way :see_no_evil:.

6 Likes

Ok good to know! Thank you :blush:

6 Likes

You can eliminate the turmertic and jist use ginger.

6 Likes

Thank you so much for this recipe! My fibro has been so much worse this winter. I am going to make this this weekend!

7 Likes

I hope it brings you some relief. Word of warning - don’t wear expensive clothing or white! I learned the hard way! :joy: My white t-shirt was a lovely turmeric yellow :joy: It also makes your skin a bit yellow! You can eliminate the turmeric if preferred.

6 Likes

Beyond grateful @Cosmic_Curiosity Got a “shot” for Post Concussive Syndrome? :laughing:

5 Likes

Is there any benefits to the beeswax or can I substitute?

4 Likes

Beeswax hydrates, soothes and repairs the skin. It may not have any benefits in relation to the pain so you could try substituting it with an alternative ingredient.

5 Likes