Bay Leaf Drama

Ok my peeps. How do you all wrap a bay leaf around a candle without it “snapping” into pieces? After two failed attempts a little voice told me to write my intention on the bay leaf and then soak in water. So I did so and used moon water to soak. This seemed to help for the short time I soaked it but figured I would throw this question out there for others insight. Soaking seems to cause it not to burn well as the candle burns. I didn’t know if anyone had other advise. Presoak, wrap, tie around candle then allow to dry out prior to performing spell later that eve?

Just my random thoughts out loud. Lol.

14 Likes

Yep, that would be my suggestion. Unless you are lucky enough to find a live bay tree!

12 Likes

Thank you.

10 Likes

I agree with @artemisia. It maybe a two days set up so it can dry overnight…

12 Likes

Hmmm- that sounds like the best bet for trying to wrap an already-dried bay leaf. Alternatively, I’m thinking the same as Artemisia and Celineelise, a fresh one would wrap much better (although, like the soaked leaf, it also wouldn’t burn quickly).

When I do bay leaf candle spells, I usually write the wish on the bay leaf and then burn it in the candle flame. That works pretty well (and it burns very quickly!). Then I let the candle along as it is :candle: :sparkles:

I hope you can figure out a method that works for you, David - happy spellwork!

12 Likes

Thank you for the input. That idea is also quite helpful and brilliant. :green_heart::crescent_moon:

10 Likes

It’s my pleasure, David - I’m happy if it’s helpful for you! :blush:

Blessed be! :herb: :sparkles:

10 Likes

@david12 On the bay leaves I write my intention and burn it with a candle of the corresponding color, i.e. if it’s kisses a pink or money a green and it burns quickly then I let the candle burn until it’s finished :pentagram:

10 Likes

I have ground the bay leaf and dressed the candle with oil and rolled the candle in the ground bay leaf. If you have beeswax candles you can roll the bay leaf inside the candle. :dressed_candle:

10 Likes

Oh that’s a great idea, you could even write on the leaf before grinding it up to set your intention!

8 Likes

Beautiful idea. Thank you!!!

6 Likes

Perfect. Thank you.

7 Likes

You’ve gotten some great advice - I’m just here to second the idea of soaking it and tying it to the candle.

Also, I’ve never thought to wrap a bay leaf around a candle before :laughing: my first thought was how difficult it would be – I hope you got it figured out!

8 Likes