Be Like The Trees

Yeah, I am starting to think of fall…I over this summer already – it’s either been raining or so humid and hot you can’t even breathe. :expressionless: :no_mouth:

Fall is an excellent time to align our personal energy with the changing seasons of the land. We will have a more joyful transition into darkness if we use the energy of the season to balance and connect our bodies with nature’s changing tides. :fallen_leaf: :maple_leaf: :fallen_leaf:

Autumn is the season to reap what you have sown, to give thanks for the harvest and the bounty provided by the Earth. In the physical world, you can start preparing for the change of seasons and the coming winter by preparing wood, preparing your winter gear, and storing, bottling, and preserving foods you have harvested. :herb:

Spend as much time as you need journaling about what you’ve harvested and reaped over the last 3-6 months. Take a minute to pause and rejoice once you’ve determined what you’re reaping and harvesting. Instead of simply accepting what you have garnered, give your efforts some mindful celebration.

Stop appearing small and start truly claiming and shining your light. Now is the moment to be proud and rejoice. What harvests do you want to talk about? What achievements in your personal life and facilitation would you like to draw attention to? Take some time to jot down everything that you are celebrating and all of your wins over the past 3 to 6 months. This is time to acknowledge yourself for all of your achievements and efforts!

The equinox is a moment when day and night are in equilibrium. :yellow_heart::black_heart:

This is an opportunity to reflect on our own life and ask questions that will assist us in finding and maintaining balance, particularly between the masculine and feminine.

Spend some time in your journal answering the following questions:

1. Where do you need balance in your life (spiritually, physically, emotionally)?

2. How effectively do you balance your job, pleasure, and rest?

3. How successfully do you balance your personal and professional lives?

4. How do you balance your everyday obligations with your body’s needs?

5. How well do you balance survival (getting things done that need to be done) and pleasure (making time for sensuality and all that makes you happy)?

The leaves on the trees turn gold, burnt orange, and vivid crimson in the autumn. The trees are adept at letting go of what is no longer useful to them. They organically and gladly shed their leaves, which softly fall to the ground to rot and give way to new life. It’s breathtaking to see transformation and surrender in action.

After the tree has shed all of her leaves, she appears soulless, barren, and practically dead, but there is much going on below. Rather than directing her energy into fading leaves, she drops them and directs her energy to her roots in the darkness and stillness to be nurtured, replenished, and strengthened. Her energy is centered on transition and metamorphosis that comes into the spring season.

We can let go of what no longer serves us by completing old projects and ambitions, simplifying our lives, preparing ourselves for the descent into the darkness without useless baggage, and creating room for reflection, rejuvenation, and restoration, just as the trees do.

Take the time to clarify what you need to and are willing to let go of.

What do you need to give up?

What drains your energy reserves?

What must you let go of in order to find balance?

13 Likes

This is beautiful :sparkling_heart:

8 Likes

You are an Inspiration. @SilverBear Autumn :fallen_leaf: is my favorite time of year. Maybe because it is the season of my life as well. I hate to call it fall, because it feels like I’ve failed at something, so Autumn it is.

Love and a beautiful Autumn to all :heart:

8 Likes

Yes to this! :clap::clap:

I love all of this post, @SilverBear – thank you for sharing it here!

8 Likes

Love, love, love this! I wish it was Fall already!

8 Likes