Beef Jerky Offerings?

The other day, I was stocking the beef jerky and
the thought of leaving out some as an offering to one of my dragon deities crossed my mind, but I’m hesitant to do so.

It came from a store, yes, but still, we all know what beef jerky is. I follow the Wiccan Rede and I am very much against :warning::warning::warning: hurting or killing :warning: :warning::warning: another animal for spell ingredients or offerings.

What does everyone here think of leaving out beef jerky (from a store) as an offering? Am I right to be hesitant?

6 Likes

You have every right to ask first. But if you have it anyway, I’d do it but ultimately it’s your choice. That’s a great offering! :sweat_smile: I never would have thought of that.

6 Likes

I don’t see any harm in offering beef jerky to a dragon deity. The more important question is this → would the dragon deity want it and/or require it of you?

It’s always best to ask the deities first!

5 Likes

I’m with Christina and Megan on this one- any doubt can be easily confirmed or cast aside by conferring with whatever deity you are hoping to work with :blush:

As for the ethics of giving meat or beef jerky, it will vary from one person to the next, but I personally see no problem with offering meat, especially meat that has already been processed (and double especially if it will otherwise go to waste- an offering is a much better use than being wasted in the trash)

Eating meat (in my personal opinion) is a natural part of the circle of life- a piece of the cycle of life and death. And if I’m correct, most dragons are carnivorous creatures who have a place at the top of the food chain- I doubt most of them would see any issue with meat or meat products.

But again- always best to ask the diety in question! At the very least, I think it’s very thoughtful of you to be so considerate of your deities and offerings for them, Kasandra :dragon_face: :sparkling_heart:

Blessed be! :sparkles:

4 Likes

Thanks for all your replies!
I meditated on it for a bit. Working with dragons, I have learned that they don’t require any offerings, but I still like to give them something to show my appreciation for lending me their strength and wisdom. If I give them beef jerky, I feel it’s best to eat it afterwards instead of throwing it in the woods to not be wasteful.

3 Likes

Your devotion and dedication is a offering, if you want a more special offering from your part, you can give something related to your deity or write down something to show your appreciation.

3 Likes

I have a follow up question. My husband goes hurting a few times a year with his cousins and they make jerky out of whatever they “get”. Would it be okay to use that for offerings?

2 Likes

I don’t see why not :woman_shrugging:t3: as long as Who you’re offering to accepts it then it would be an acceptable offering, in my opinion.

1 Like