Beginner Excited

Hi I am new to here and so excited. My name is Carrie Dubois, I am from Indiana. I am single have been for years and looking forward to meeting people and learning new things i am a beginner so here to learn everything.

13 Likes

Welcome to the forum @Red1957 :wave:

My name is Megan and I’m a moderator here at Spells8 :hearts: It’s nice to meet you!

I’m an eclectic witch and Celtic polytheist from Florida :beach_umbrella: and have been practicing for many years. You’ve come to a great place to learn more and meet like-minded people!

You say you’re a beginner - that’s a great place to be! Have you checked out the courses on Spells8? Is there a particular subject you’re interested in?

I look forward to seeing you around the forum :blush:

7 Likes

Hi @Red1957! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

It’s always great to see someone new here! What kind of magic are you interested in? I like candle magic and chants myself. If you’re so new you aren’t sure, the Courses will help you get started figuring it out!

If you have any questions, just holler and someone will pop up to help you. I look forward to getting to know you!

6 Likes

Merry meet Carrie @Red1957 ,

I’m Bry, a moderator here in the forum and and Eclectic Witch- wishing you a very warm welcome! :blush:

I’m happy to say you’ve come to a great place for learning and meeting new friends! And I have to second (third? Haha) what Megan and Amethyst said about the Courses- they are great place to jump in and build a foundation of magickal knowledge. Are there any magickal areas or topics in particular that you are interested in? (Tarot, green magick, spirit work, etc)? :blush:

Please make yourself at home here- your coven is a very friendly one and always happy to help :infinite_roots:

Hope to talk with you more soon- Blessed be! :sparkles:

6 Likes

Welcome, @Red1957! :sparkles:

I’m Ashley, an eclectic witch from Wisconsin. I consider myself a beginner as well and you’ve definitely come to the right place to learn more! The courses (as most have mentioned!) are great and the forums have so much information to learn as well.

I look forward to getting to know you in the forums!

6 Likes

Hello :hugs: and welcome home :infinite_roots: @Red1957

It’s so nice to meet you, Carrie. I’m Marsha, an Eclectic Solitary Witch, from Colorado. There is a lot of great information here, so if you need any guidance, or have any questions, let us know. We are here for you, Carrie, welcome to the family. :people_hugging:

With love :heart: and magick :dizzy: always

5 Likes

I have a Tarot card set but need to learn how to use it

6 Likes

That’s awesome, @Red1957- tarot is such a versatile witchy tool! It’s helpful for divination readings of course, but I’ve also been using mine for getting some wholesome advice and self-improvement too.

There was actually a great discussion just the other day about easy and non-overwhelming ways to start using your deck. I also recommend the Tarot Course, which is great for learning the traditional meanings and doing some easy spreads.

Wishing you all the best with your tarot studies- it’s a really exciting area of magick! I hope you find that you really enjoy working with your cards :flower_playing_cards: :blush:

Blessed be!

4 Likes

@Red1957 Hi Carrie, I’m Christeena, and I’m 42, a mother of 2 adult sons. One is a paramedic/firefighter, and the other is a Marine. I live in a very very small town in Central North Carolina with my hubby of 21 yrs, our 2 dogs and 3 cats. I was raised Pentacostal and was always told that my gifts were evil, so they were suppressed til just a few yrs ago when i finally accepted all of myself. It has been an amazing journey with alot of bumps along the way. But it’s all worth it bc for the 1st time in 42 yrs i feel whole.

I have a HUGE affinity for herbs, I commune with spirits, and my guides. I’m a daughter of Hekate, The Morrigan, and Thor. I will help anyone, usually to my own detriment. But I’m still just gonna do me. If you ask me a question please be prepared for an honest answer. Sometimes brutally honest, as I am blunt. I don’t sugar coat things. Here you will find so many like minded brothers and sisters who will welcome and accept all of you with open arms without condescension. If you have questions all you have to do is ask. We are all here to help each other. You will find people from all walks of life and paths. Again, welcome!!!

6 Likes

Welcome to the forum @Red1957! I’m Siofra_Strega a moderator here in at Spells8. I’m from Cape Cod. I did live in KY near the IN line, we went over a bridge & in IN we were! I went skiing at Paoli Peaks too!

There is a lot to learn & the courses are a great place to start as @Amethyst mentioned. Theres a lot of great information in them. I’ll admit, I still have to do the course on Gods. :laughing:

If you do have any questions, feel free to ask. Everyone is very friendly & helpful. If you have something to share with us, jump in on any open topic or start your own. We all love to learn & try new things.

I know you want to learn all the things, but take it slow so you don’t get overwhelmed & remember that it’s okay to not have everything or even better to use what you have on hand & then add from there!

I look forward to getting to k ow you! :infinite_roots:

4 Likes

Thank you very much I really enjoy the courses.

5 Likes

I’m so happy to hear that! :blush:

I hope you continue to enjoy them and that you find everything you are looking for (and more!) :books:

Blessed studies! :sparkles:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.