Beginners in the Craft || New Podcast Episode

I’ve got a new podcast episode out! Admitedly it’s from 12/31 but I haven’t posted about it here yet so here we are! There are two ways to listen, YouTube (video below) or the podcast via your favorite podcast app!

As we close the book on 2021 and open the first page of 2022, let’s explore how the wider occult community tends to do a disservice to beginners. The pandemic has caused a boom in witchcraft spheres and the wider occult community in general, and with that boom in magical practitioners comes a lot of beginners. How can we treat beginners better? How can we as public witches, community members, and friends treat beginners better? I have thoughts…

If you’d prefer a transcript, you can find this and past transcripts here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ATnoPoTD51xY6A46ay0F5moVxki-1X28?usp=sharing

12 Likes

Hooray for a new podcast- and on a really great topic too! It’s great to consider how witches further along in their practice can be welcoming to those just starting out :handshake: :sparkles:

Congrats on the episode, and thank you for sharing, @MeganB! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

@MeganB I really liked your podcast. It really made me feel like I’m looked out for as a newbie. I also am not fond of the term, baby witch. I feel dismissed somewhat, it’s a little degrading to me. I also accept that it is the common form to refer to a newbie to the craft. My eyes were opened up to my calling just about three years ago, but that doesn’t make me feel like a witch at all. Anyways, super comforting like I have big brothers and sisters out there. There was a lot in your podcast that really hit home with me. I am such a nerd I tried to download the transcript so I could highlight some areas, but I couldn’t figure it out :slight_smile: You are a rockstar, Thank you for all you do

3 Likes

Aww that’s so sweet! I’m glad you liked the episode! The term “baby witch” has become popular and it’s just normal now :woman_shrugging:t3: And you definitely have big brothers and sisters looking out for you! We’re here for you if you ever have questions :blush:

Here’s a direct link to the transcript → Episode 115: Let’s be nicer to beginners, okay? - Google Docs

3 Likes