šŸ”” Bell Spell to Summon a Spirit

9 Likes

I have a few options. :laughing: My Chinese is terrible, itā€™s old Chinese, or itā€™s jibberish.

If itā€™s old Chinese and I have to fill in the blanks of the meaningsā€¦ Itā€™s East Asian Buddhist in nature. Thereā€™s something about 32 incarnations, the depths of hundreds of thousands of aeons, peaceful something road over the mountain, possibly something about sealsā€¦

Sorry, thatā€™s not very useful. But what might be useful is that it doesnā€™t sound like itā€™s anything bad? :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

Have to give a round of applause to you, @starborn - youā€™re amazing and your linguistic talents never cease to impress me! :clap: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Bravo and thank you!

Itā€™s a beautiful bell, Mystique! :sparkles:

While knowing the origins of the magickal tool can certainly help to shine a light on its intended purpose, I personally think the most important thing is the energy of the tool itself.

This is coming from someone who is using a drinking glass as a candle holder (it makes such beautiful reflections!), stores dried herbs in repurposed jam jars, and recycles the fabric from old clothes to make my spell pouches - all to say, things can be more than what they were originally intended to be used for. Everything is full of possibilities, it all depends on the individual!

I would recommend sitting with your bell, ringing it, listening to it during meditations, etc in order to connect with its energy. Depending on your views around animism, you might even ask the bell itself how it would like to be used.

If you find itā€™s right for casting (be it certain types of spells, or open to all spellwork), then I hope it serves you well in your practice! :bell: :blush:

8 Likes

You are amazing @starborn ! It sounds like whatever it is, itā€™s harmless and from you have figured out if it, itā€™s probably beautiful as well. Thank you so much!

@BryWisteria thank you so much for the advice! Iā€™m definitely going to ask if it is ok with all spells. I have cleansed and bonded with it. Then started wondering about the writing. Lol.

9 Likes

My pleasure, @Mystique! :blush: Sounds like youā€™ve already forged a lovely connection with your bell. Wishing you all the best with it - happy spellwork! :heart:

8 Likes

Animism, where you believe everything has a spirit? :thinking: That explains why I like 2nd hand stuff, each item has a story, a vibe, a personality. Imagine the personality behind your bell @Mystique ooh itā€™s fabulous, wish I could speak bell :rofl:

8 Likes

Interesting! Thatā€™s probably why I also like handmade stuff. A person putting their personal energy and intentions into it, instead of it just coming off a line. :thinking:

Now, to throw that idea out the window because the bell I just received definitely isnā€™t handmade. :laughing:

It has a really lovely sound, though. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

The description for it made an interesting observation, too.

The two tone aspect of the bell is significant. In some belief systems, the two tones represent the duality of the universe, such as light and dark, or masculine and feminine. By incorporating this symbolism into your practice, youā€™ll be able to harness the balancing and harmonising magic of the bell.

ā€“ https://speakinspells.au/product/two-tone-brass-bell/

8 Likes

@starborn It looks gorgeous. Is it attached to that stick? I like it :sparkling_heart:

8 Likes

Nah, I tried to put my wand there for scaleā€¦ But it doesnā€™t really help. :laughing:

9 Likes

@starborn Itā€™s a pretty wand too. :grin:

8 Likes

Beautiful! :purple_heart:

8 Likes

It looks very pretty and Iā€™m sure it sounds divine! Enjoy your lovely new bell, @starborn! :bell: :two_hearts:

8 Likes

I love that wand thatā€™s badass.ehats the symbol on the base?
I like the color of the bell and the etching inside. You know Iā€™d love the story on the two tones. Sick sick sick rock on :rose::rose::rose::rose::rose: the story takes the cake

7 Likes

Itā€™s got a few runes on it. Iā€™m going to take the meanings from here: Rune Meanings ā€“ Spells8

The one you see is dagaz (į›ž), for awakening, clarity, consciousness, balance, and growth.

Then thereā€™s kauna (įš²), for enlightenment, insight, knowledge, and calling.

And the last one is thurisaz (įš¦), for challenges, danger, protection, strength, and attacks.

I talk about the wand more here:

8 Likes

@starborn Iā€™ve been trying to dismiss these thoughts, but I think Loki wants to add his opinion on the runes, so here goes, sorry :person_facepalming:

:dagaz: This is the most positive of all the runes. Any problems or fears will be resolved or no longer be of importance. This rune is never negative but represents hope, success, comfort and joy. Dag symbolises that everything becomes clear in the end.

In relation to magic (your wand), Dag can be used to get rid of fear, turning monsters into flowers. Itā€™s imbues power and positive energy into everything it touches.

:kaunan: The torch. Bringing light and understanding into darkness, you can discover things, secrets are exposed. It can also bring ideas to life.

In magic: Brings clarity to a spell/situation allowing you to see the solution. A very strong rune for spiritual practice, good in meditation and working with fire (obviously Lokiā€™s).

:thurisaz: Devil, Thor. Protection. Interesting, it represents Thor and the Jotuns, protection gods and demons. Here using the power of Thor anything can be overcome but patience and caution may be required. Thought and planning are needed. A protector from evil and negative energy/people.

In magic a good talisman for protection and safety, a powerful ward and good luck. Not a great rune for health related spells, on its own.

So your wand is imbued with positivity, success and happiness and the ability to turn everything to your will. It is a torch shining a light in the darkness and great for fire spells, and creating new ideas. A powerful protector and talisman, despite Thorā€™s rune not being a health rune, the fact you have both Dag and Kaun can change this, bringing in Thorā€™s power into any spell. :green_heart:

There, now Loki will leave me alone :rofl: If youā€™re curious of alternative meanings to runes, I get alot from these books:
The Runes A grounding in Northern Magic by James Flowerdew
Wild Soul Runes Reawakening the Ancestral Feminine by Lara Veleda Vesta

7 Likes

Ah, finally! Iā€™ve been trying to find my way back to this reply since I realised I never actually replied. :laughing:

Thank you for explaining all of these more in-depth and in relation to their use in a wand! :black_heart: I really appreciate it. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Iā€™d had it custom-made for me with guidance from both Hekate and Lilith. The creator said it may take awhile, but once I ordered, she said they quickly put her to work. :laughing:

I will have to find copies. Thank you. :smile:

7 Likes

@starborn Oh fabulous, :sparkling_heart: Iā€™d forgotten Iā€™d written this :person_facepalming:. Your wand is lovely. Must be nice to have a custom made one. Wow!

I donā€™t use my wand, canā€™t gel with it. Itā€™s nice, and Iā€™ve used it a couple times, but IDK, not a wandy person I guess lol :rofl:

Overview of the books as these are ones for paper copies (in my opinion) as theyā€™re like courses, which is pricier :grin:

The Wild Soul Runes.
This is a very earthy, holistic way of teaching the runes, it also connects you to ancestors and shadow works with runes, itā€™s quite lovely. It feels like it has Norn energy through it, if that makes sense. :person_shrugging:

The Runes Northern Magic.
This is more academic but also delves into Norse Mysticism, I use this one all the time for reference and am still working through the course, it has runic spell work too (light/dark).

Both books I hope, once mastered, will aid my practice to use runes more than tarot and in magic and spirit meditation. Theyā€™re very different from usual rune books and use different names for the runes too.

Anyways, thereā€™s my review :rofl:

7 Likes

I managed to find this one easily enough. The table of contents looks great! :black_heart:

I noticed this in some other places, too. It was making it very confusing/difficult for me to easily look up the ones I wanted to understand! :laughing: But I imagine it gets easier with time.

7 Likes

If you start one of the courses, let me know how you get on. I find these books have helped me the most to get my head around the runes. :grin::sparkling_heart:

7 Likes

I found the wild soul runes on ebay for about $7

7 Likes