4 whole Eggs
1/2 c. Sour Cream

For the Topping:

2 c. Blackberries
1/2 c. Sugar
2 tbsp. Water

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Place vanilla wafers and pecans into the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until the mixture becomes crumbs. Add melted butter and vanilla and pulse again until combined. Pour into a 10-inch springform pan and press crumbs into the bottom of the pan. (If they come up the sides, that’s okay!)

For the filling, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Add sour cream and mix again. Pour mixture into crust, smooth the top, and bake for 1 hour, 10 minutes. Turn off the oven and open the door and allow it to sit in the oven with the door opened for 15 minutes. Remove and allow to cool.

For the topping, add blackberries, sugar, and water to a saucepan or skillet. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook for 4 to 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and allow it to cool slightly.

Pour blackberries over the cheesecake and place the pan into the fridge to cool and set for at least 2 hours—several hours is better.

When ready to serve, remove the rim around the pan and slice it into 16 pieces with a long serrated knife.

Recipe courtesy of The Pioneer Woman.

8 Likes

Our blackberry bushes went wild last summer- we had so many big fat berries and I’m pretty sure there’s still at least one gallon-sized bag of them in the freezer somewhere. They might not be the best whole at this point, but making them into a dessert sauce sounds like a great idea! :star_struck:

Thanks for another yummy recipe, @Amethyst! :heart::blush:

4 Likes

This looks so yummy, @Amethyst and I just know all those berries make it healthy! :hugs:

3 Likes

I hope you have enough for this, Bry. It looks to be a nice recipe!

Yeppers, healthy! LOL!

3 Likes

Blackberries, yes. Milk, eggs, and butter, no :joy:

We went on a cooking spree yesterday and made English tea scones, apple buns, and chocolate pastries. The “bakery” is fully stocked but the fridge is now bare lol. Time for another store run before any more cooking can be done! :laughing: :shopping_cart:

Agreed! :heart: Thanks again, Amethyst! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Whhaat!? @BryWisteria Can I have a bit of all? :joy: :drooling_face: :blush: :cake: :apple: :pie:

4 Likes

Hahaha absolutely- c’mon over for tea time! :heart::hugs::teapot:

(Although I think it’ll be less about the tea and more like a buffet today lol :joy: )

4 Likes

Oooh…I wanna astral travel to your place now! :joy: :rofl: :kissing_heart: I hope you enjoy your time sweetheart! :heartpulse: :hearts:

4 Likes

I hope you get the larder stocked before the next storm!

4 Likes

Thank you so much, Solasta! :heart::hugs:

Ahhh! You’re right- the news said we’re going to have almost -40 F windchill this weekend :scream: The plan is to not leave my bed lol. Gonna need to re-stock before then! :shopping_cart: :running_woman: :dash:

4 Likes

Good luck getting to the store!

4 Likes

Thank you! :heart::grinning:

4 Likes