total: 4 hrs 10 mins
Servings: 8

Ingredients:

2 cups whipping cream
1 8-ounce cream cheese, softened
1 10-ounce jar blackberry spread
10 ounces fresh blackberries
18 graham cracker rectangles
Fresh blackberries, lemon peel twist, and/or mint leaves (optional)

Directions:

Step 1

In a medium mixing bowl beat whipping cream with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until stiff peaks form; set aside.

Step 2

In a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until smooth. Add blackberry spread. Beat on low speed just until combined. Fold in half of the whipped cream mixture and fresh blackberries.

Step 3

Line an 8x8 square pan with foil. Lay 6 graham crackers in the bottom of the pan so graham crackers are flat and the bottom of the pan is covered. Spread 1/3 of the ice cream mixture on top of graham crackers. Repeat, layering graham crackers and ice cream to create two more layers, spreading each layer evenly. Top with remaining whipped cream. Cover and freeze for 4 to 24 hours or until firm. Garnish with fresh blackberries, lemon peel twist, and/or mint. Makes 8 servings.

Recipe courtesy of Better Homes and Gardens.

9 Likes

Sounds perfect for 4th of July celebrations, maybe I’ll add some strawberries for the trational colors, red - white - blue.
Thank you @Amethyst

5 Likes

You’re welcome! I bet that would taste good with strawberries!

5 Likes

I ate too many cupcakes yesterday- but once I get over myself, I would love a slice of this! :joy::cake: :two_hearts:

The blackberries are almost ripe on the vine- this is such a fun way to welcome in blackberry season!

Thanks for the great recipe, @Amethyst! :heart:

4 Likes

You’re welcome! It’s blackberry season in a lot of places after all! Now to start pulling some bread recipes out of my hat, less than a month till Lughnasadh!

4 Likes

I can’t believe how fast Lughnasadh is coming! Looking forward to your bread recipes, Amethyst, you always find some really awesome ones! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Blessed be! :sparkles::bread:

4 Likes