1 egg
¼ teaspoon salt (Optional)
1 pinch ground cinnamon (Optional)
4 cups fresh blueberries
½ cup white sugar
3 teaspoons cornstarch

Directions:

Step 1

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch pan.

Step 2

In a medium bowl, stir together 1 cup sugar, 3 cups flour, and baking powder. Mix in salt and cinnamon, if desired. Use a fork or pastry cutter to blend in the shortening and egg. The dough will be crumbly. Pat half of the dough into the prepared pan.

Step 3

In another bowl, stir together the sugar and cornstarch. Gently mix in the blueberries. Sprinkle the blueberry mixture evenly over the crust. Crumble remaining dough over the berry layer.

Step 4

Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until the top is slightly brown. Cool completely before cutting into squares.

Nutritional Facts:

Per Serving:

318 calories; protein 3.3g; carbohydrates 45.3g; fat 14.4g; cholesterol 12.4mg; sodium 76.9mg.

Recipes courtesy of Allrecipes.

7 Likes

Sounds yummy thank you

4 Likes

Bookmarking this when it’s not so hot in my house!! :hot_face: But thank you for another yummy recipe :yum:

1 Like

You’re welcome @crystal24! As always if you have any type of recipe you’re looking for let me know and I’ll help you look.

I hear ya! It’s gonna be way too hot to cook this week.

2 Likes

Blueberries!!! :star_struck: We must be on the same wavelength, @Amethyst, as we went wild blueberry picking here over the weekend. We had two buckets full of blueberries!

They were turned into blueberry pierogi :dumpling: (with a few kept aside to sprinkle on morning oatmeal :yum:)- but now I’m craving Blueberry Crumb Bars! :drooling_face: Perhaps we will have to head back out to the woods again soon to get some more :blue_heart:

Thanks for this awesome recipe, @Amethyst! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

OOH, blueberry pierogis! That sounds yummy too! Glad you liked the recipe!

1 Like

I think my mouth has been blue for the past 24 hours- too many blueberries! :joy: :large_blue_circle: But I’ve got a note in my to-make list about Blueberry Crumb Bars because crumb bars are such a classic treat :drooling_face: :two_hearts: Will have to make them the next time we have a blueberry harvest!

Thanks again, @Amethyst! :blue_heart:

1 Like