Blueberry Oatmeal Breakfast Cake šŸ«

I found the blueberry emoji so I posted a blueberry recipe to celebrate. LOL! Plus, cake for breakfast, who can go wrong?

Blueberry Oatmeal Breakfast Cake :blueberries:

serves/makes: 8

ready in: 30-60 minutes

Ingredients:

1 1/3 cup flour
3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
1/3 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 egg, beaten
1 cup frozen blueberries
1/2 cup chopped nuts, optional

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease an 8-inch round or square baking pan and set aside.

Combine the flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a mixing bowl. Stir to combine.

In another bowl, whisk together the milk, oil, and egg. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture. Stir until the batter is just combined (it will be lumpy).

Gently fold in the blueberries and nuts (if using).

Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan. Place in the oven and bake at 400 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until the top is golden brown.

Remove the pan from the oven and place it on a wire rack to cool for 5-10 minutes. Serve warm.

Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3-4 days.

Recipe courtesy of CD Kitchen.

13 Likes

Okay, so this recipe can easily be made plant-basedā€¦ :blueberries: and I have blueberries and everything else. I may have to make this tomorrow morning for breakfast!

5 Likes

Image Credit

I might try this one! Of course, you know, mine will never look like this! :rofl:

7 Likes

Oh, let us know how it turns out. It sounds like it would be good.

Thanks for uploading the picture! It it pretty, isnā€™t it? I bet the picture didnā€™t even use real food. Yours will look great, Iā€™m sure!

5 Likes

Blueberries are one of my absolute favorite fruits in cakes, pies, muffins, and in any sugary foods!! So I will most definitely be trying this. Thanks for sharing!!

4 Likes

Blueberries all around! :blueberries: :blueberries: :blueberries: :joy::+1:

Hello happiness- and with oatmeal and blueberries involved, this can totally sneak into the ā€œhealthy breakfastā€ category, right? :laughing:

I actually just made a massive batch of blueberry pancakes (and some raspberry white chocolate chip pancakes) this weekend- we already gobbled them all up! :pancakes: Iā€™ll have to pick up some more blueberries at the store, but this sounds like another fun recipe for those of us who love the 'blues :blueberries: :yum:

Thank you, @Amethyst- this sounds amazing! :blue_heart: :blush:

4 Likes

Youā€™re welcome, my dear! Iā€™m glad you liked it!

OMG raspberry white chocolate chip pancakes sound good! I hope you like the blueberry cake if you make it!

5 Likes

I wonder what sort of adjustment I need to make to this in order to use fresh blueberries :thinking: Iā€™m sure it should be similar. Or I could just freeze my berries lol

5 Likes

I have a couple of blueberry feinds in my house! Perhaps I will bake this for them on Saturday for breakfast! Yum!

We have a blueberry farm on our road and we pick blueberries all season and freeze them for the year. Our favorite way to each blueberries is frozen! If you lay them flat on a cookie sheet to freeze, they donā€™t stick together when you put them into a baggie or container. We grab handfuls all year long! Sooooo good!

4 Likes

It might affect how moist it is, but as long as you know that going in I wouldnā€™t see it as a problem.

Oh, Sunday breakfast sounds good!

4 Likes

They were very tasty- and Iā€™m always happy for an excuse to have chocolate for breakfast! :joy::+1:

Thank you, Amethyst! :heart::blush:

4 Likes

I did make this, a few days ago actually, but just now finding time to post! I did make some changes, of course, but it tastes pretty good. My husband likes it!

I used Bobā€™s Red Mill Gluten Free Flour and Oatmeal. I added raisins, instead of nuts, because my husband doesnā€™t like nuts! :roll_eyes: I also used Stevia instead of sugar.

4 Likes

Neat! It looks so good! And it sounds so healthy!

4 Likes

:thinking: Gluten-free does sound healthy, but Iā€™m not so sure because it often contains lots of low-fiber flours, like rice and tapioca. Keto is better because it often contains almond flour. Iā€™m really careful about eating gluten-free because I get so sick when I eat it. :roll_eyes: I also have to worry about products not labeled GF because there can be cross-contamination.

4 Likes

Sounds as if you know what youā€™re talking about. Iā€™m supposed to be on a diabetic diet but Iā€™m allergic to so much stuff itā€™s difficult. But that cake looks wonderful, youā€™ve done a really good job with it!

4 Likes

My gluten intolerance was diagnosed in the early 90s, so Iā€™ve been dealing with it for a long time. Itā€™s much easier than it used to be. At least now grocery stores carry gluten-free products. Being on a diabetic diet is also difficult, especially for my husband, he has a sweet tooth!
Love :heart: and :hugs:

4 Likes

Iā€™m allergic to artificial sweeteners and a WHOLE bunch of other things. So I eat more carbs than I should but oh well, itā€™s better than eating nothing but poultry and broccoli all day. LOL!

4 Likes

@Amethyst

I canā€™t tolerate the alcohol-sugars, mannitol, sorbitol, xylitol, lactitol, isomalt, maltitol, etc. I get really sick especially if I get too much, so I donā€™t use it. My husband has no problem with it though. I use stevia mostly, sometimes a little organic honey, or molasses.

I looked up stevia for you if you want to read more . . .

Stevia is natural, unlike other sugar substitutes. Itā€™s made from a leaf related to popular garden flowers like asters and chrysanthemums. In South America and Asia, people have been using stevia leaves to sweeten drinks like tea for many years.

Look for stevia in powder or liquid form in supermarkets and health-food stores. Youā€™re likely to find it on the baking goods aisle or in the health food aisle.

You may even get your sweet caffeine fix without calories or artificial sweeteners. Major U.S. soda companies now sell diet cola soft drinks sweetened with stevia. Some flavored waters also have stevia.

If you have diabetes, stevia could be a way to sweeten your yogurt or hot tea. The FDA approved only the purified form of stevia, called stevioside, as safe to use. Products considered safe contain words in their ingredient list such as stevia extract or Stevia rebaudiana. You can use stevia like you would table sugar.

From WebMD: Stevia

Love :hearts: and hugs :hugs:

4 Likes

Thanks love, but Stevia gives me hives. Iā€™m sol. LOL!

4 Likes

@Amethyst
I wondered about allergies when I read that Stevia is made from the flower leaves of a plant that is in the aster and chrysanthemum family!
Big hugs :hugs:

4 Likes