IN THE LIGHT OF YOUR GRACE.
LOVE YOU,

YOUR DAUGHTER
GARNET(BERGED)

12 Likes

That’s beautiful @Garnet
:heart:

5 Likes

Beautiful! I try to take a moment to thank my dieties for their guidance and all they have given me at least once a week of not daily.

7 Likes

@Amaris_Bane. I give thanks daily but it could be a carry over of being raised Roman Catholic. When I was growing up, mass was still in latin. Very profound and cerimonial. Didn’t understand a word, but was impressed.
Garnet

6 Likes

Beautifully written as always, Garnet, and what a great piece to have on the final page of your Book! Ending with a note of gratitude is very humble and respectful. I am sure your Goddess appreciates your thoughtfulness! :heart::blush:

5 Likes

I went ~30 years between my church days and starting my practice. I remember saying my nightly prayer before going to bed but that is about it, lol. I am slowly working up to a daily practice. I have a goal for this month at least once a week. Next month, I’m aiming for 3x a week. My goal daily practice includes morning gratitude to my ancestors and deities, grace over meals, and prayer to watch over myself and those I love at night. I’ve actually been doing better than I’d hoped and able to get in 3-4 a week this month so far! I’ve learned with my squirrel brain it’s easier to take tiny baby steps so I set myself up for success.

5 Likes

@Amaris_Bane
I’m sure, to this day that my bad knees are punishment for lying to our parish priest every week. Then lots, I mean LOTS of, on my knees, penance. What sins is an 8-year-old guilty of. Sooooo, you lie.
Bad knees, stop hurting
Garnet

6 Likes

Yes, this is what many faiths do - Christians call it living Prayerfully. They incorporate the sign of the cross, the blessing prayer for food, rituals, saying the Rosary and Our Fathers daily, and having a cross prominently displayed everywhere to incorporate a way of living that ensures you live in each moment with the faith.

6 Likes

This is one of my main problems with Christianity! How can a child be sinful? They are purely innocent until they are corrupted by society in my opinion.

I was raised Catholic until 10 yo myself so I know all about the many up/down/kneeling!

6 Likes