Breastfeeding

I read an article about Rhianna breastfeeding in public, causing a new slew of shaming and accusations. When are people going to give up on Victorian ways? She breastfed her baby at a football game…so what. She did it without covering up…gasp!

My brothers wife dutifully covered herself and her babes when she breastfed. That was 60 years ago, for Pete’s sake.
Farm women didn’t go hide somewhere to feed their babies. they carried the infant in a front sling and fed as needed.

It’s the 21st century, it’s time to acknowledge body parts without shame or accusation.

Blessed be
Garnet

9 Likes

Hear, hear! :raised_hands:

I’m with you, Garnet- the over-sexualization of female bodies makes for a lot of anxiety and inconveniences for us all. Mothers are already dealing with a lot- I think it’s right to let them feed babies when and where they need to.

There have been some positive trends and movements lately- I hope that, with time, things become easier for mothers!

Blessed be :heart:

7 Likes

Absolutely this! :clap: :clap:

I wasn’t able to breastfeed my child when she was a baby, but when I did try, I didn’t care about covering up because 1) it was hot and 2) baby didn’t like to be covered :joy: so I mean… sheesh, a baby has to eat! It shouldn’t be this taboo - you’re right!

6 Likes

When a celebrity wears a revealing outfit no one cares…but heaven forbid they breastfeed in public! :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

7 Likes

Wow, I’m surprised it created such a fuss. Must just be Bristol, we have a lot of earth community here, hippies, mixed cultures, and banksy :grin: women breastfeed all the time :person_shrugging:. Kind of don’t notice, but it must still be a thing. That’s sad. One day, the world will grow up. :sparkling_heart:

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.