Broom closet problems

I’m having an issue with getting supplies and doing spells and rituals. I live with my boyfriend and he is not aware of my beliefs. So, I don’t have an altar, I can’t burn anything that will have a scent that is not normal to the house (sage, sandalwood, etc ).

Also, im having issues with getting supplies I need. The closest metaphysical store is an hour away. It’s hard having items shipped to the house because I don’t want them to arrive in days he’s home.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

TYIA

Blessed Be

12 Likes

you could order supplies online with the address of a friendly house you trust :fehu: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :pentagram:

9 Likes

I understand the broom closet. I live in a small town in the bible belt, so there’s that. Lol! My husband and grown children know that I’m a witch so I have it easier than you do. As supplies go, I’m sure you have supplies you can use already around your house. There are so many ways to do rituals without him even knowing. Think about the spices you have in your pantry. Kitchen witchery is a great thing. Last week I carved a sigil in a meatloaf before I baked it. You can make a mini altar out of an altoids can and take it outside. You can make magical cleaning supplies (florida water). Even sweeping the floor could be a ritual. Another thing is a ritual bath. Mix some herbs with sea salt and Epson salts and wash all your worries away. I hope this helps!

13 Likes

@Ostara i have done Sigil magick and have had success with it.

I do have a lot of spices and have tried herb gardens (without success, seeds bought from Amazon didn’t grow). But! I am going to try an outside herb garden this spring. Also plan on a “fairy garden” this spring. He won’t realize that’s magick.

I would have never thought of that! Great idea!!

Very helpful tips! Thank you very much!

8 Likes

@AIRAM that is a good idea, unfortunately I’m very in the closet and don’t have anyone I could trust. Been thinking of coming out to my daughter, then I could have things mailed to her house.

8 Likes

it’s a very good decision! :grinning: :grinning: :pentagram:

8 Likes

You could also use essential oils. I put on essential oils everyday when I go to work. You can get an atomizer (that’s not the word, one of those things you put water in with the essential oil) and use them to make your house smell good. No one would think it’s witchy.

8 Likes

When it comes to crystals and candle magic, you can use local stones and imbue them with your intent, feel the energy of each stone, a hag stone (stone with a hole) becomes obsidian, a light gentle pebble becomes clear quartz, a yellow stone citrine and so on. This is done alot here especially amongst witches that live by the coast. With candles you can bless the candle with your intent, and just light a candle. When guests arrive/leave, just light a candle, noone needs to know your cleansing. A white candle represents every colour. Also a candle represents all the elements too when casting, earth, fire, water, air and spirit, so you can just light a candle instead of casting a circle, do your spell in your head, family just thinks your sitting having some time out (mum time), or busy in the kitchen cooking whilst doing the spell at the same time. With incense use oil burners, they’re common in many houses and burn incense smells. Just a few tips when I was a closet witch whilst in a fundamentalist Christian religion. Hope it helps. :green_heart: You don’t need any tools, you are the Magick, you are the witch.

12 Likes

Get a PO box at the post office
Ask the neighbor tos use there address and you pick it up when he’s not home
Or ask a neighborhood business near you like a little store or barber shop and see if you can use their address for packages

8 Likes

You’ve gotten some great advice so far. Getting supplies, especially in the broom closet, can be really hard.

Is there any reason why you can’t tell him about your beliefs? I don’t want to presume to know your relationship, but if possible, it’s probably easier for him to know. Then you don’t have to worry about hiding things or him finding out. (I also understand that this isn’t possible for everyone, so please don’t feel like you have to tell anyone if you don’t want to)

9 Likes

@tracyS oh wow! This is awesome!! I was not aware of all this!! Thank yih so much!!

8 Likes

@john1 the closest post office is a thirty minute drive. A lot of times on pain meds and don’t like to drive while in them. Don’t know any of the neighbors myself but they would ask him about it if I asked them. Good ideas tho!

8 Likes

@MeganB I have gotten a lot of good advice!

I’m just not comfortable telling him yet. He’s going through some major health issues. He may be just fine with it, I just don’t want to risk anything with his health. The few things I do have, I haven’t actually hid. He hasn’t said anything about them so not sure if he’s actually noticed. Lol.

9 Likes

Diffuser? Those are nice. I’ve been trying mine with some of my own oil mixes and sprays, too. I’ve got some nice cleansing sprays and altar sprays that I put in there sometimes and just let it do its thing. :smile:

9 Likes

That makes sense - I understand your hesitation. In any case, I hope the advice you’ve gotten here has proved to be helpful!

7 Likes

It really has. Lots of great advice and help here!

7 Likes

So, I just want everyone to know, I stepped out of the broom closet to my boyfriend this morning! It feels so good to be free!

IMG_5132

9 Likes

@Mystique That’s fabulous. I’m so happy for you. How did it go?

8 Likes

Well, I was talking about going shopping. So I told him about a money spell I did last week and how yesterday I found $22 in the pants pocket of the jeans I put on and how social security gave me an extra deposit with the only explanation of “one time deposit”. He laughed and said “a money spell is to get money, not go spend money “. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:. And said no more about it! So you was afraid of absolutely nothing! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

7 Likes

I love this :green_heart:

7 Likes