Bullet Journal? Is What Exactly?

Okay old woman here, not used to some new ideas. I have been seeing a lot about a “Bullet Journal”. What exactly is a bullet journal, how is it used etc???

5 Likes

Great question! I heard of it too! It’s a very interesting system. These are the basics:

Bullets are short-form sentences paired with symbols that visually categorize your entries into: Tasks, Events, or Notes.

Tasks can have one of five states:

Tasks, Events, and Notes can be mixed and matched, and even nested inside one another:

Signifiers are symbols that give your entries additional context at a glance.

‘*’ = Priority
‘!’ = Inspiration

Putting it all together:

6 Likes

OH my gosh… I just make a one line list and cross it off when done and go to the other. I would get confused…lol

5 Likes

I feel the same way…I tried a bullet journal before and I found myself wasting more time making it look pretty than I did accomplishing my actual list. LOL!

4 Likes

I know! I was reading what @Francisco posted and I am like, I have to remember all of that? Goodness, junk paper or a post it works for me!

4 Likes

I have a friend who has one and she has stickers, and artwork…and every color marker…I wonder if she actually gets ANYTHING accomplished besides her Bullet Journal. LOL!

5 Likes

LOL that’s right!

But I think I like the idea of bullet journaling because you can look back after some time and have great memories. I mean, it’s not just for chores but for life events and things that are happening, without having to keep an actual diary.

3 Likes

I would spend all my time looking for my markers…since one cannot simply use pink instead of the called for orange…:yum: I would not be able to sleep at night of I mixed up baby blue with sky blue…:hugs:

2 Likes