Burning loose incense and resin

I just got some very nice loose incense and resins. I know how to burn the loose incense but I’m not sure about resins. Do you mix it with the loose incense? Do you burn it by itself?

I know there’s been some recent posts, but I couldn’t find them.

12 Likes

I burn my resin on a disk of charcoal which sits in either my bowl of sand or in the cauldron.

12 Likes

@Phoenix_Rose thank you. I wasn’t sure if you could do that

10 Likes

I have some frankincense resin and bought a pack of charcoal discs to burn it on. First try, the smoke from the charcoal set off the house smoke detector, and took an hour to clear the smoke out of my house :laugh: There may be some variability between brands and types? But just keep that in mind the first time you try to use charcoal.

11 Likes

Speaking of those charcoal discs, are there any alternative uses for them? I got some with some herb purchases but I find I really don’t like the smell of them burning. So I’m hoping to find something else I can use them for that won’t involve me sitting next to/near them. :laughing:

7 Likes

Idk remember where I saw it, but they do have wood ones. I’ll see if I can find it

6 Likes

I found it

7 Likes

Oh my! That’s amazing. Thank you. :black_heart:

I’ll have to bookmark this for when I wake up.

6 Likes

They also make coconut charcoal! I use them for my hookah when we do that, but they aren’t quick light and they take a while to get fully lit :joy:

9 Likes

My favorite past time I got big hooka

4 Likes

I got these I don’t like them at all! I don’t like the way they burn. They don’t burn long either.

5 Likes

Oh no! :cry:

And the reviews say they’re difficult to ignite. I already have enough trouble lighting the stinky coals. :grimacing:

Maybe I’ll give them a try anyway. :thinking: This isn’t promising, though.

Many dhoops have very concentrated scents and put out a lot of smoke when burned.

But I really need something that isn’t charcoal to burn loose incense on.

4 Likes

@MeganB had mentioned about the coconut charcoal. I haven’t looked for that yet

5 Likes

I have some I don’t have a burner t light them

6 Likes

@starborn I got these and I love them! You just light the top edge and let it get going a bit. Then fill the cup with your incense. It burns slow and evenly and smells nice too. They have other ones besides frankincense. I bought these from shamans market, but they have them on Amazon too. I think this is what I’ll be using. I like that it’s a cup.

7 Likes

I will try them both, @Sivonnah and @john1! :sparkles: When I can find some local supply or somewhere that ships here for a decent price. Seems this is a crazy busy long weekend. So I will set a reminder for myself for now. :face_with_peeking_eye:

Thank you~

5 Likes

Temu might have it

3 Likes

That was one of the first places I looked, and unfortunately not for either. :slightly_frowning_face: I noticed their supply is different based on where you are, as I’ve received links of things that show up as in stock for others but show as “discontinued” for me.

4 Likes

Try Alibaba and try look up wholesale charcoal for hookah in your area and see what pops up

4 Likes

Yeah, I’ll do some searching early next week. I’m sure “Coconut Charcoal Australia” will give me results. Didn’t mean to make it sound difficult. Will just require different sources.

There are hookah stores around, as well. I might go for a walk when the weather is cooler and see what they have in stock.

4 Likes