Calling ancestors

Guys, my grandma’s death anniversary is coming up for me. It’s been 6 years and still miss her grately. However, I’d like to invoke her. She has been coming to me in my dreams. Didn’t realize why!? Completely forgot her anniversary this month. But, feel she wants to tell me something. I would like to call her. Never done this. Any advice, is grately appreciated.

Thank you,
Blessed be

8 Likes

Sending warm hugs to you @walter :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Do you have anything that belonged to her or that reminds you of her? Something she really liked?

When I want to call or honour my grandad (for example) I place the rosary he handed down to me, a picture of him and some daffodils :bouquet: on my altar. I light a white candle and meditate thinking of him and drawing on my favorite memories of us together :candle::sparkles:

Usually I feel a presence or something else comes to me later that day that I feel is a little message from him :heart_eyes:

Good luck :four_leaf_clover:

5 Likes

Thank you @Abs53. Yes I do have many items of hers.

4 Likes

Here’s something you can do. I lost my grandfather this year so this is what I plan to do:

If you can, prepare an altar like @Abs53 Abs said, especially if you have something that she gave you. There are more ideas for Ancestor Altars here.

I’ll start with flowers, fresh water and coffee, but depending on what your grandmother would like: tea, alcohol, tobacco, bread, etc.

Light a candle and say a prayer, something like this can help: Wiccan prayer for the loss of a loved one.

You can write your own prayer asking for protection or guidance. Tell her that you welcome her communication and thank her for the sacrifices she has done for your family. :pray:

You can also talk about your life, or write a letter to her telling her what’s going on in your life. While doing this, you’ll feel very present and you’ll probably get more ideas based on what you know/remember about her.

Meditate. If you have time on that night, go into a deeper meditation than usual and see if you receive any specific messages, or dreams.

After that, no matter if you receive any signs, simply keep exploring your ancestry, look at pictures, explore your DNA, or dive into lucid dreams to try and contact your ancestors.

Edit: Adding this guided ancestral meditation that Kira recommended: Meditation recommendation and chakra mist

Best of luck!

5 Likes

@francisco, thank you for the advice. I will do that like you and @Abs53 mentioned. Her death anniversary is the 17 of this month. I’ll Prepare everything! Also she loved the fall weather! Was her favorite season. Plus l have loads of her stuff I kept! Many daily stuff I use. Like her coffee mugs, dinner plates, and bowls…Also been talking with my auntie on whatsup in Uruguay. She tells me that my other grandma (paternal side) used to astro-project. Leave her body many times! It’s funny I never knew this about her. However she was very spiritual and she definitely was a green-witch. I believe. I’d like to contact her as well sometime.
Thank you!
Blessed be.

4 Likes

Sending warm thoughts to you as your honor your grandmother’s passing, @walter. Abs and Francisco have shared some great advice- I would also recommend using purple candles or heather if you have any, as they both help to strengthen ties to spirits and other worlds.

Best of luck and blessed bee! :purple_heart:

6 Likes

@BryWisteria, thank you very much! Yes I will get purple candles than.
Blessed be

2 Likes

This makes sense. In my family there have been instances of deceased relatives sending messages. Usually old things suddenly appearing: photos, letters, old toys, etc.

What we do is light a candle and pray for their soul. Rememberance and reassurance that we haven’t forgotten them.

6 Likes