Lucid Dreaming App

This week’s challenge has to do with dream magic and it has been recommended to do checks throughout the day to see if you are dreaming. I found this app for Android, that gives you cues to do the checks throughout the day and through your sleeping hours. Then it gives you a reminder to enter your dreams into a dream journal.

I downloaded the free app last night, I still can’t remember my dreams. I am hoping that with the checks throughout the day, I will be able to do the same in my dreams when the chimes go off while I am sleeping.

11 Likes

Oh that app looks super interesting, thanks for sharing :astonished:
I’ve never really thought of looking for an app to help with it before. I don’t have an android, but a quick search just showed me that there’s a lot of similar apps for Apple as well :relaxed:

4 Likes

@christine4 oh im happy Apple has a similar app for you! I just started using it & it has me click that i am not dreaming. I hope it serves you well also!

4 Likes

Thanks for the recommendation, Krissie! I just installed the app and I’m exploring it. I like how simple it is to use, and it has all the features I expected it to have! :+1:

I like the reality check reminders. I’d like to add that the reality check that you choose is also important. I had the most success with these two:

• Counting the fingers in my hand. 5 fingers means I’m not dreaming.
  • Plugging my nose and trying to breathe in (not out). If I cannot breathe because my nostrils are covered, then I’m not dreaming. Otherwise, I’m in a dream.

Good luck!

6 Likes

Oh I like those checks too! When I woke up this morning it asked me to record my dreams. Throughout the day when the checks come up on my phone, it has me click something that says I am not dreaming. I’m sure after trying these eventually I will have some success with them. I love dreaming usually and usually after I wake I know how the dream made me feel and it lingers throughout the day.

3 Likes

This is a great find- and a free app too! :+1:

I think the reality checks are very interesting :star_struck: I’ve only been able to lucid dream a couple times, and only been able to hold myself in the dream for a few moments before getting excited and waking up :sweat_smile: I haven’t had the need for reality checks yet- where dreams and being awake begin to merge and it’s hard to tell them apart, but maybe someday my lucid dreaming will progress to the point where I’ll have an app like this on hand! :grin:

Thanks for sharing @Susurrus! :pray::two_hearts:

5 Likes

Ooh :hushed: thanks so much for sharing this with us :two_hearts:

4 Likes

You’re welcome! I have been using it for the last couple of days and I like it. I have been able to record one dream in it! It’s really easy to use! I hope everyone that uses it enjoys it as much as I do.

4 Likes

Thanks for the info. I just downloaded it now! Sounds interesting. I rarely remember my dreams.

4 Likes

No problem at all. It’s really interesting and has the same techniques that @Francisco had mentioned also. I like the breathing through my nose while pinching it.

4 Likes

I just downloaded the app. I’ll let you know how it goes. :wink::stars::last_quarter_moon:

5 Likes

This is how it’s been for me in dreams:

I pinch my nose out of habit and breathe in. I notice that the air is coming through!

I double check that I’m really pinching my nose and I become excited because I realize that’s impossible otherwise! I must be asleep! (my real nose isn’t blocked!)

Now I can experience my dream at will and create or manifest whatever I want in this reality! :open_mouth:

It’s really a great thing, but it takes time to develop the habit of doing the reality checks…

5 Likes

I’m still getting used to the reality checks, I set the tones for it to something different than my texts or emails. So now I know when they are and remember to participate in them. Then in the morning I get a check to record my dream if I had one. I did use it the other day.

Last night I was feeling out of place or off when we had company so I just kind of went to bed with very little of my routine being done. I woke up once like I always do, but I wasn’t participating in the checks or meditations that I usually do. I have been having a couple of off days. Today I didn’t get all the way through my morning routine and I haven’t meditated since yesterday. So I am going to try to do that now because everyone else in the house is out doing things. I have to stay off my foot for a few days, I actually broke it in two places, so I will be in my bed if anyone needs me.

Once I can be up and around I am definitely clearing my house of negative energy and inviting some positive energy into the house.

3 Likes

@christina4 I hope it goes well for you too! I am enjoying it so far!

4 Likes

It is absolutely fine to take a break when you need one, @Susurrus - it sounds like things have been tough there (especially with your poor foot!). I hope you get lots of rest, feel better, and are able to pick back up where you left off with your morning routine and meditations :woman_in_lotus_position: . Sending good energy your way- good luck! :sparkling_heart:

4 Likes

@BryWisteria thank you. I just got flustered with everything I am learning and trying to do. Maybe I was trying to do too much in one day. I’m trying to find the right balance and I am tipping the scales at times. I have a new journal that I have been writing in, it’s like an offshoot of my BOS where I can release the feelings and questions. I did find Brigid to be a good connection for me and I have some material to read about her when I have a minute. I am a creature of habit and I like to have some kind of routine in the morning and at bedtime. I just have so much information running around my head, it feels like I should be doing something, in a hurry before it’s too late. In reality, I’m doing just fine and I should really be taking my time. Anxiety does crazy things to people.

4 Likes

It is easy to get caught up in an interesting new project or area of interest- and very common to bite off a bit more than you can chew in your excitement! Plus it sounds like your anxiety is being tough for you right now and you have a lot on your plate, not to mention your recent toe injury! :footprints:

The new moon is tonight :new_moon:. Now is a great time to have some relaxation and reflection on all that you have been learning lately. Take a break from new information, and spend some time digesting what you have learned. You have already come so far, @Susurrus! :clap: I am proud of you have your magickal journey. Relax, rest, and avoid burn out. Self-care and reflection are very important parts of any new learning adventure :open_book::sparkling_heart: Blessed Be!

4 Likes

Today I have just kind of, I don’t know what. It’s been sort of what I would call a lazy day. I didn’t really get into anything, I actually took a 2 hour nap, something I haven’t done in over a year on a regular basis. Napping seems so new to me now and there was a time that everyday around 1 or 1:30pm I was out for up to an hour and a half. I read some articles about Brigid really early this morning and this afternoon I made Brigids Cross out of some beach grass and put about 6 braids in my hair with charms. That was the only time I felt okay and not scattered. So maybe I just need to do something with my hands and make something my own.

It was definitely easy to try to do all the things as I learned them and I needed a slow down. Reading has been very good for me, I try to do it before I lay down for the night and pick things that keep my brain engaged. I have gone from the Spiral Dance to Living Wicca by Scott Cunningham. Today I got a beginner’s crystals book that I was looking over. I’m trying to figure out how I feel the energy from the crystals that I have more than just being drawn to them. I have been wearing clear quartz and rose quartz a lot and I just added amethyst to my hair with a piece of rose quartz. I don’t want to wear too many at one time.

Sorry for rambling, I am definitely going to take a step back and soak in all that I have learned and done over the past few weeks.

Thank you!

4 Likes

It sounds to me like you were able to get quite a bit done! :grin: Reading, studying about Brigid and crystals, making the cross and braids in your hair, and experimenting with new stones too! I think it’s fine to take a nap when you need it, especially now close to the new moon :new_moon: . It’s a wonderful time for some rest and recovery! :sparkling_heart:. And if you ever feel restless and scattered, doing crafts and projects is a wonderful way to regain focus and also catch that sense of success- it’s always nice to have a tangible result of your efforts and hard work :smiley:

Stick with your meditation and dream magick if you can! Enjoy looking back on how far you have come in the past few weeks- you’re doing great! :clap::two_hearts:

Blessed Be! :sparkles:

2 Likes

@BryWisteria what’s kind of funny is, last night I was doing something but it felt rushed and choppy. So I sat down with my journal and started writing, when I looked back on it, I had actually done a lot and completely missed that I was probably overdoing it! So I rested after that, I put some things in my BOS and wrote a little bit. Then I had a snack and went to bed.

3 Likes