Dreams..lack there of

Evening Witches, Ahhh it feels so good to be active here in our little coven. :hugs:
So I’m perplexed about something I’ve been struggling with for over 3 years now…I do not dream. Or if I do I do not remember them at all. Which bothers me because I feel as if I do not sleep well at all, not deeply.
Last night though something strange happened. I was startled but not woke to someone saying “WEDNESDAY”, though I did not open my eyes, it felt as if they were up close maybe by my ear or just above the side of my head.
This morning, I kept feeling as if I had a conversation with the person, but could not remember it.
It’s been on my mind all day, just trying to figure it out or see the meaning if there is one.
Any thoughts?
Blessed Be,

5 Likes

I don’t have any special knowledge I can share. The dream dictionary I use says,

Wednesday
To dream about Wednesday indicates that you are in misery or agony over something. You feel conflicted about a decision and are stuck in the middle. Wednesday is often referred to as “hump day”. Thus the dream may be a form of encouragement; you are at the halfway point of some endeavor.

This is interesting because the first thing that came to mind was a message is being sent and this was to prepare you for that message. I would go with the first part of it.

You feel conflicted about a decision and are stuck in the middle.

Then add: a message about this is coming. A clarification, a light for your path.

I wonder how others will interpret.

5 Likes

Greetings, @Rowan! :blush:

If I remember right, in the discussion for the past Sleep and Dream Magick challenge, there were several fellow coven members who mentioned they were unable to dream/ remember their dreams. So know that you are not alone with this!

When we sleep, we go through several different stages. Here’s a cute graphic breaking it down:

[Pic from The Importance of Sleep Cycles]

Although different sources call the stages by different names, Stages 3-4 are Deep Sleep and Stage 5 is REM sleep. Deep sleep is when we get the most rest and is usually considered to be the most important phase during the night. This is a different stage than REM sleep- when we dream.

“Scientists agree that sleep is essential to health, and while stages 1 to 4 and REM sleep are all important, deep sleep is the most essential of all for feeling rested and staying healthy.”

[From Healthline: How Much Light, Deep, and REM Sleep do you Need?]

So even if you feel that you aren’t dreaming (or perhaps just not remembering your dreams from REM)- it doesn’t necessarily mean that you’re not getting enough deep sleep, as it is a separate phase in our nightly sleep cycle :sleeping: :+1:

As for hearing the word “Wednesday”- I suspect this may be an echo from a dream you were having.

I often wake up and begin thinking about the day- during that period of light sleep where the dream world mixes with reality before being replaced and fading away from your mind :brain:

But often, even if I forget the dream- I’ll have a lingering song or phrase in the back of my mind. I think this is perfectly normal! :grin:

I would suggest trying strategies to help you focus and recall your dreams. Sometimes even just having the willpower to do so can help you to remember your dreams!

"For some people, the only tip needed to recall dreams is to tell yourself you can remember dreams and then remind yourself to do so.

An easy way to do this is to write, “I can remember my dreams” on a sticky note, place it somewhere you’ll see it before you go to sleep, and read the note aloud."

[From Thought.co: How to Remember Your Dreams]

I’d also suggest starting a Dream Journal or trying a dream app like the Lucid Dream App to help you develop a deeper connection with your dreams :zzz:

The world of dream magick is an exciting one- wishing you all the best of luck, Tamera!

Blessed be (and sweet dreams!) :sparkles:

4 Likes

You might have been lucid dreaming. I’ve done that plenty of times. I’d be having conversations with someone then I’d wake up and be confused. Maybe it’s not but that’s my experience. Looks like @praecog29 has you covered on the Wed part.

4 Likes

@Rowan Hearing voices between sleep and waking up is usually part of hypnagogia, which is a normal thing. It’s a type of hallucination (visions, sounds, flashes of color, insights, sensations) when going to sleep or waking up.

I had this many times and talked about it here: Possible Spirit encounter - #4 by Francisco and here: Circle Casting gone wrong? - #2 by Francisco .

But it could also be linked to other sleep disorders. Have you talked to a doctor about it? I’ve heard of people with sleep apnea having this issue of not dreaming because they don’t get deep REM sleep.

3 Likes