Calming tea for childen and adults

These tea blends are for anxiety

Child blend

Lemon balm
Chamomile
St Johns wort (DONT GIVE IF CHILD HAS EPILEPSY)

steep 10 min

Adult blend

Sage
Thyme
Marjoram
Chamomile

Steep 10 min

9 Likes

Oh, good old chamomile- helpful for children and adults! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: It’s really a great one to have around :blossom: :two_hearts:

The lemon balm too! I don’t usually drink it in a blend (although I recently got a tea blend called “Good Mood” with lemon balm that is very soothing)- I often just have it on its own and it really does work wonders for anxiety. Seasonal depressive order too- it helps a lot with the winter time blues :pray:

Thank you for the safety warning on this one- it is appreciated! :pray:

St. Johns Wort is an amazing herb with some great potential, but it’s definitely one to be cautious about as, in addition to certain medical conditions, it can interact negatively with important medicines- especially heart medication and anti-depressants

Combining St. John’s wort and certain antidepressants can lead to a potentially life-threatening increase in your body’s levels of serotonin, a chemical produced by nerve cells.

From U.S Department of Health: St. John’s Wort and Depression

(Just wanted to drop this here as I know anxiety and depression come hand-in-hand for some people)

Herbs are amazing, empowering things, but it never hurts to be cautious, especially if you are taking prescription medications!

Thank you so much for these wonderful recipes, @Mistress_Of_Herbs! :heart: :blush:

6 Likes

@BryWisteria yes herbs are wonderful. But very dangerous and powerful. Everyone needs to do research on herbs before taking them. ALWAYS SPEAK TO THEIR DOCTOR before starting any herbal remedies. As herbs can have adverse reactions to their current meds.

I started using herbs bc of my dog. Then i found that i can incorporate them into my daily life. Especially since i have certain meds that cant be used with acetaminophen. And its in almost everything out there. But ALOT of research had to be done.

6 Likes

Amen to that! :raised_hands: They are wonderful and amazing, but yes- dangerous as well. Herbs really do carry a lot of power, which, when used right and with respect, can be very empowering for the herbalist/green witch :muscle: :green_heart: :blush:

This is my mom’s struggle with her high blood pressure and heart medicines- it’s crazy how many things she can’t take because they interfere with the meds! One thing she can’t have is licorice, and I’ve noticed that certain tea brands like to sneak that one into a lot of teas. It’s not mentioned on the front, but there it is- hiding in the list of ingredients. It’s like playing a very risky detective game trying anything new :mag: :sweat_smile:

I agree 100% that it’s so important to do the research, be mindful, and when in doubt about possible medication interferences- call the doc! :smile:

Thanks again and blessed be, @Mistress_Of_Herbs! :pray::two_hearts:

5 Likes

@BryWisteria i understand that completely. Ive see recipes that have licorice root. I leave it out of all of my recipes. And yes u are correct its in alot of blends. Thats why i make my own.

5 Likes

When you can’t find any blends that work for you, you can always roll up your sleeves and make your own! :herb::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: It certainly takes work and research, but it’s a really empowering thing to make a custom blend that works exactly as you need it to :muscle: :two_hearts:

You’re amazing, Christeena! :green_heart:

Lots of love and blessed be :blush:

5 Likes

Awwwwww thanks Bry. So are you my lovely

4 Likes

:hugs: :heart:

4 Likes