Can I cleanse used candles to use them in a new spell?

I know I ask a lot of questions. But I took a witchy break, and now I’m ready to get back to action. And I think I saw a witchtok of a girl cleansing a used candle to reuse it for a spell by getting rid of the old intent and old energy on it.

7 Likes

For me, it depends on what the candle was for and if I petitioned the Gods’ help. If the Gods were involved, I would not reuse the candle. If they weren’t, then I might consider it. Depending on the previous use of the candle, you might have to cleanse it a few times but keep in mind that the previous spell should already be completely finished. If that spell hasn’t finished its work yet, I wouldn’t reuse the candle.

9 Likes

Thank you :heart:

5 Likes

I agree with Megan on letting the previous spell finish before reusing the candle. :candle:

Other than that, I don’t see any problems with reusing candles for another spell. Cleanse it with some salt or over the smoke of an incense stick (dragon’s blood is good), rosemary, or whichever cleansing aroma you have at hand (e.g. cinnamon, lavender, sage, palo santo, cedar).

Or do an elemental clearing with any other element (Earth, Water, Fire, Air) :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Thank you so much :smiley:

6 Likes