Candle cracked sign or no?

So has anyone had a candle pop and split down the side while it was lit? This happened yesterday

5 Likes

Before I answer you let me ask you this. Is this a multi-colour candle or a wrapped candle? ( wrapped or dipped candles will normally have an outer colour of one and the inner colour is white or off white? Next, is this a hard candle with a single wick or a multi-wick center?

Some candles are made in 2 parts and hard wax outer shell with a softer lower temp evaporating or burning center. Candles like this are more commonly make as decorative pecises such as wedding and other special occasions. it is very common for these types of candles when burning over a long time or if stored for a long time than used to crack. This isn’t a bad thing what so ever.

If it’s a multi-colour candle that had the outer colour dipped or wrapped on to a lighter color candle the cracking is common because the colours do not always adhere well to each other. Black being one of the most common to do this. PErsonally, the crack being so straight down I am leaning towards this being a dipped or wrapped candle.

I would not worry about it at all.

4 Likes

Single wick and one color. I have lit this candle many times and have allowed it to burn for at least 30min to 1hr. Wanted to mention that I wasn’t worried, just curious. Although the big pop it made did startle me​:joy::joy:

4 Likes

sounds then like its a lead wick candel and the lead core had some defect. its a common flaw with some

5 Likes

Probably, good thing I make sure I have my candles in a safe place

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.