Cat Whisker Question

Yes, you read that right, I have a cat whisker question. :joy_cat: :rofl:

I came across a spell for the Weekly Challenge and I had all the items except for cat whiskers. The witch that wrote the spell said that her cat leaves her whiskers all the time. What??? I donā€™t know what kind of spotless empty house this witch lives in, but itā€™s got to be a lot cleaner then mine! How in the hell do you find cat whiskers??? I can find plenty of dust bunnies (though I never read a spell that included dust bunnies), dog hair, cat hair, crumbs, etc., but I donā€™t think I have ever come across a cat whisker in my entire life!!! Itā€™s not like I walk in my living room and look on my spotless floor and say, ā€œis that a cat whisker? Letā€™s pick it up and save it for a future spell!ā€ No, I say ā€œlook at all that dog and cat hair, I should really sweep today!ā€ :joy: :broom:

So, to all my lovely witch sisters and brothers, how in the hell do you find cat whiskers without pulling them out of the cat (donā€™t worry, Iā€™m not that desperate)??? And, does anyone know of a substitute for cat whiskers??? :black_cat: :rofl:

16 Likes

Ok Look what I found on Etsy: Naturally Fallen Cat Whiskers - Etsy UK

There they are. Theyā€™re not cheap. Apparently they do fall out, how you see them I donā€™t know, and according to Google they take about 2 weeks to grow back as long as no follicle damage. We both learnt a new thing today. :person_shrugging::partying_face:

14 Likes

Yes we did. Lol! Who would have thought you could buy cat whiskers on Etsy!!! I think I need a substitute for cat whiskers. The spell has a substitute as wolf hair. I donā€™t see that happening either! :wolf: :rofl:

13 Likes

Good luck trying to pull out a wolfā€™s hair :rofl: Thatā€™ll either end in arrest if youā€™re in a zoo, and the loss of your hand. What kind of spell are you doing? :person_shrugging:

12 Likes

I was looking up spells for car protection pouches for the weekly challenge. I think I will write my own spell! :joy:

13 Likes

Ps the substitute for a cat whisker, is a warthog hair. Theyā€™re even more bad tempered than a wolf :rofl:

13 Likes

WTH is a warthog??? Never mind, I donā€™t want to know. :rofl:

12 Likes

Itā€™s a pig.

So Iā€™m thinking, Loki brain. Buy a joint of pork with the crackling on it, normally has a few hairs in it, pluck those hairs out, wash them and youā€™ve got your cats whiskers for your spell pouch. :grin:

12 Likes

We have wild boars that look like that. I will get hubby to trap one tonight!!! I canā€™t wait for the look on his face when I ask him to do it. :rofl: I only need 3 hairs, then he can let it go! Of course then it will be mad, so it will probably eat him when he lets it go. :boar:

13 Likes

I think I should just write my own spell and not include cat whiskers.

12 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Probably a good idea :green_heart:

12 Likes

I think in all the years I had my Max, I found one whisker. I think itā€™s like humans. Some lose their hair and some donā€™t.

13 Likes

Where and how did you find the whisker??? :astonished:

11 Likes

I found it on the cat tree, amongst the hair. LOL! It was really weird, took me a bit to figure out what it was.

11 Likes

Too funny! :rofl:

Cat whiskers donā€™t grow on treesā€¦ do they? :joy:

11 Likes

They did in my house! LOL!

11 Likes

@Ostara I can send you siberian husky hairā€¦ thatā€™s almost a wolf! LOL

12 Likes

:rofl: @Ostara

Cat whiskers? :scream_cat:

PM me your address, and I will put a couple in an envelope and mail them to you! :cat2:

With love :revolving_hearts: and cat whiskers :smiley_cat: always,
Marsha

11 Likes

Edit to add that right after my post, I walked into the master bath and found two Kermit kitten whiskers on my counter :laughing:

lol how do you not? Kidding aside, depending on time of year, I find more whiskers on the carpet or blankets where they sleep. Kermit is losing his kitten whisker and I think so far Iā€™ve found 5 or 6 of them! They arenā€™t too hard to find being a creamy white. Turboā€™s are bright white and easy to find on the wood floors. Donut had light black/dark grey and they were difficult to find. After he passed, I vacuumed every capet, couch chair and poured thru the dust bin to find any and had no luck.

Personally, I think itā€™s a search pattern thing. Like some people are amazing at finding four leaf clovers anywhere. Or sharkā€™s teeth on the beach. For me, I have to see the item first and then once itā€™s in my mind, Iā€™m often able to find what Iā€™m looking for on the ground.

10 Likes

I mean I can get wold hair very easily, they are shedding out their winter coats where I work, if you really need some for your spell. @Ostara

11 Likes