Cats in the ritual room

Just a little observation I’ve seen in my own practice, but I have 3 cats between me and my fiancé and they will BEG to be in the room I do my rituals in when I’m getting ready to either meditate or do a spell. My cat, Bongwater, will jump at the door till I let him in and our black cat Turd will just kind of lay on the bed we have in that room and observe. We also have a grey one, Zero, and he’ll join in occasionally if he’s not out and about the house somewhere. Though, he’ll usually sit at the door and meow to be let in if I’m walking by the room. They seem to enjoy the inclusion and I’m happy to have them in there with me (even though they will occasionally climb onto my altar).

22 Likes

My bird seems to enjoy time spent in ritual, too. If I don’t light candles and incense and play the cd I like to use in the morning, he gets upset at me. I do have to be careful of his sensitivities: he will tell me when there is an incense he doesn’t like.

Albus likes to fly around and watch the air currents he creates make the candle flames flicker and the incense curl different ways. It was a concern at first because I don’t want him getting hurt. He seems to understand, though, that he shouldn’t get too close. I taught him when he was first learning his wings that some things are “hot, hot, owie,” and I think he still repeats the saying when he (rarely) wanders into the kitchen.

14 Likes

My cats do that too! Absolutely no need to be in a room until the door is closed. Then that’s suddenly the most important place in the house to be :joy_cat:

That’s really sweet! Whether they feel a pull towards the magick you’re working or just want to be with you, it sounds like you’ve got yourself some lovable spellwork companions :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Happy casting together! :paw_prints: :sparkles:

13 Likes

My cats don’t always come in my room when I’m doing a ritual, but when they do, they watch me intently. :smile:

12 Likes

My cat Tom the black one likes to nudge my arm or climb behind my back on my pillow right when I’m starting to get deep in meditation not ideal. Or he’ll start chewing boot strings or something lol :laughing:

11 Likes

I don’t have any pets because of allergies and barely being able to handle my own chaos, but I just want to say that Bongwater is a great name for a cat :joy: :cat2:

12 Likes

@CelestiaMoon

My mother’s friend was allergic to every animal known to man, until, I got a pet rat. She didn’t sneeze, cough, itchy or anything when in the company of my rat. They’re really lovely pets too. Just an idea :green_heart:

12 Likes

Awww, thank you for the idea! :blush: :rat:
Maybe I could get a cute white rat with red eyes :smile_cat:

11 Likes

@CelestiaMoon Dumbo rats are the cutest, and really cuddly. I’ll have to dig out some photos, but here’s a Google one.

12 Likes

Awww, that’s adorable! :smiling_face:
Definitely would love something cute and cuddly :blush: :revolving_hearts:

10 Likes

That would be so cute a coworker of mine has rats I save the veggies prep scraps for him to feed them

10 Likes

That’s so sweet :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

11 Likes

The white ones are dumbos, the other two are regular rats.
My babies, they’ve all crossed over :pensive: but they’re happy I’m sure. :green_heart:

11 Likes

I also have 2 rats. They’re awesome companions and relatively easy to take care of.

11 Likes

Awww, rest in peace little cuties…

10 Likes

@Vampblud That is adorable :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::purple_heart::kissing_cat:

10 Likes

So cute aww may they rest in peace :v::heart_eyes:

10 Likes

@Vampblud I just have to say I love your cat’s names. I’m guessing Bongwater is the original name but did Turd just gradually become his/her name? I had a cat I named woodstock but he became splodge because it fitted him so perfectly, he was fat and laid around all day.

10 Likes

Actually I named Bongwater lol he was found abandoned in a hotel room by one of my friends that worked at one at the time. Turd on the other hand, my fiancé initially named him Vlad the Impaler because he always had his claws out as a kitten. But he doesn’t do that anymore and it just feels right with how the other cats are named.

10 Likes

Yesss my familiar, Aurora not only follows me everywhere, but she always has to be in the room when I am doing spell work. I get it!

9 Likes