Chakras and therapy

Hello :infinite_roots:

I have a wonderful therapists who has been helping identify my emotions and decode what my emotions are helping me get.

She uses meditation and I believe a bit of hypnotism. In these sessions I have connected with my younger selves. My youngest self is associated with wanting to be heard and I identify her as yellow and my 12 year old self wants to make things fair and I associate her with blue. After I come out of the meditative state we discuss and I see the connection to the solar plexus (yellow) and the throat chakra (blue).

Has anyone else connected to the chakras this way?

10 Likes

First off, I just want to say how amazing it is that you have a therapist that works well with you. That’s such an amazing thing - I vibe really well with my therapist, too. :heart:

Chakras aren’t part of my belief system, but based on what I know about them, it makes sense to me that you would see these two parts of you as those particular chakras. But again, chakras aren’t my thing and I’m not too knowledgable about them. I hope someone else is able to answer with more detail! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

Sounds like you have a top-notch therapist who you really click with, @crystal5- that’s a really blessing and I’m so happy for you! :blush::heart:

As for the colors, that’s really interesting- I’ve heard about working with the inner child/younger selves and past self work, but never in connection with colors (although that certainly doesn’t mean it isn’t out there somewhere!). Magick is all about connections and associations, though, so it sounds to me like you found a way to connect these selves to your chakra points. I’m sorry I don’t have any advice to offer, but I do want to encourage you to explore it more- if this helps you to connect with your younger selves and chakra points, then that is an amazing thing! :rainbow: :sparkles:

Wishing you all the best- blessed be, Crystal! :two_hearts:

5 Likes

Hi there @crystal5 - I use chakras in my practice daily and have been for decades, I am happy to provide a little of my own insight, although as with anything, each person has their own connection, experience, and beliefs where it comes to most practices.

“Younger self you” identify as YELLOW and she wants to be heard: Typically this symptom (wants to be heard) is the Throat energy chakra calling out - BLUE as it is the verbal communication energy center. I am not sure if you switched the colors — if so that makes more sense to me, — if not then your younger self is indeed YELLOW which is the Solar Plexus Chakra, as you’ve said, which is focused on confidence, self esteem, and being in control of your life attributes/issues. This reading which is YELLOW may actually be more aligned with the way a 12 y/o would be struggling during their pre-teen and early teen years, which is why I asked if you possibly misstated the color/age combo or not.

Either way and if you did not switch the colors, then due to the great relationship you’ve created with your therapist (bravo!), it would be very advantageous to continue focused on exploring the outcomes with them, however if you did happen to switch the colors/ages, then there is a lot of supporting material out there in books, blogs, and online that will direct you in the path to evaluating and healing your “little” self alongside your counseling. My personal coach calls this my “little”.

As we are aware, the inner child portion of our adult personas is focused on the Sacral Chakra energy which presents itself as orange and manifests as creativity and sensuality as outlets to our inner desires and energies - a sound healing once a month, preferably on the full moon is often a very helpful practice to assist with your journey of healing your inner child.

Light, love and :pray:!
Jan

6 Likes

@crystal5 it is a great gift for someone to find a good therapist
a person with a photo that will balance and illuminate the soul…
you are a lucky creature!blessed! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes