Check this book out

@Amethyst your Walmart has a floral department? Wow, we don’t have that, we have the basics I guess. We have a small food section and even smaller refrigerated section. I would love to go to a bigger Walmart and see what they have there. Both of my boys work there in the electronics department. I will have to see if maybe our other floral places have it!

2 Likes

@Susurrus we have three Super Wal-marts in the area. With a big grocery store, craft and floral, and everything. I wish I could get in there easier but it’s just too difficult for me. I bet your sons could help you figure out if you could order some from a different Wal-mart.

Heck, I bet any good floral store could order you some eucalyptus. It might be a bit more expensive but it would be worth it to have on hand, especially since they say this flu season is going to be bad, what with Covid going around.

2 Likes

@Amethyst It sounds like I have the same type of mobility issues. I have hEDS and I have to wear braces on my knees and ankles, plus I have a rollator walker that I need to use when I venture out of the house. I usually bring someone with me to stores to help me lift things and get around. I believe we have a Super Walmart in Plymouth, that’s about 45 minutes away from me. My balance issues is why we remodeled the bathroom to add a nook and a built in seat with a handheld showerhead and a stationary shower head. So now it’s more of a walk in shower with glass doors. I understand completely.

2 Likes

I don’t have a rollator walker but there are days I wish I did. A friend has one. Mostly I’m obese to the point where it’s easy for me to lose my balance. They took me off one of my meds that was making me eat so there’s hope I’ll lose some weight and get a bit better. I like the idea of a walk in shower, I just have a bench in a regular bathtub that’s not that big, and I have to tuck the shower curtain around my bum to keep from leaking on the floor. LOL.

Us mobility challenged people have to stick together! :grinning:

2 Likes

We really do! I lose my balance because of my ankles and knees. My ankles just decide to go out and my knees hyperextend while I’m walking then there’s my knee caps that just do what they want unless they are held in place. I usually use the walker in the stores or when I will be on my feet for a little while and may need to sit. I have it decorated with different stickers that I made for hEDS and Fibromyalgia. I really should do a mental illness one too, but that one will have to wait for now.

2 Likes

Ouch. Knees and ankles going out sounds like it hurts like heck. I usually use one of the motorized buggys at the store, because I’m shopping alone. I bet your rollator looks cute with all those stickers on it. :sparkles:

What I’ve repeatedly wished for is a book for Wiccans who are disabled. I find it difficult to stand to cast a circle three times. Someone who writes that is really going to make some money I think. We’ll see if it ever happens.

2 Likes

@Amethyst oh that is a great idea! I usually sit on the edge of my bed and cast it around me to include the bed when I am having trouble standing.

I was thinking of using the seat as a makeshift altar. I just need to get a little altar kit that I can put in the living room if I ever need it. It’s not a must have because right now I love my little sanctuary in my room and spend a lot of time there when I am home.

2 Likes

Thanks! I figure there are a lot of us who have trouble standing. Using your seat as a makeshift altar sounds great! That’s a really good idea.

2 Likes

@Amethyst, thank you! If I can think of anything else that I have improvised I will let you know. There are a couple of things that I do differently because of my limitations. I’m learning to improvise with a lot of things to make it easier for me to be out and about.

2 Likes

Its good that you’re able to get out. I know it’s a challenge with that rollator, it’s pretty heavy. Well done! :clap:

2 Likes

Before I got used to taking it in and out of my car, I would bring one of my boys. My daughter can help though when I need it now. I like that under the seat is like the handle to close it and carry it places. I went for a walk today with just my braces on and we went 3.65 miles! My hips started to sublux and my si joint on the right is angry, but it felt good to go that far without the walker. I did have to take a big break and some smaller ones, there are benches along the bike path. My friend is very good about waiting for me and going at my pace. A couple of times my balance was off and I would kind of lean or walk into her, but she lovingly pushed me back to where I was after sort of catching me. So I think I will be more mindful of my chit chat and paying attention to how far I’ve gone. Lol

2 Likes

Sounds like you have great friends and family there to support you, that’s nice. I don’t have any family and not many friends so I get afraid to go walking or doing something on my own. I’m currently waiting on the waiver paperwork to get a home aid to help me do things. Depending if I get it or not maybe then I’ll be able to go out and do a few more things.

2 Likes

@Amethyst where are you from? I’m in MA on Cape Cod. I know here I need a prior authorization and have to be home bound to have my insurance pay for a home health aid. I also know that if I had Medicare/Medicaid I could get a PCA without a problem or a Home Health Aid. It would be nice to have the help around the house, especially with my husband and son working full time and my daughter going back to school. I’m really looking forward to having some routine and structure back. It seems like it’s been so long since I’ve had that. Feel free to send me a message whenever you would like to!

2 Likes

Southern WV, down near the New River Gorge Bridge. I have Medicare and Medicaid so I’m hoping to get a helper. They come in and do an assessment on you, see what you can and can’t do. A friend of mine has one. I’m waiting on the paperwork now so we’ll see.

I have no idea how to message you other than this way, LOL. I’m still learning. Feel free to message me too! :grinning:

2 Likes

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes: oh so pretty! Thanks for sharing :slight_smile::slight_smile:

2 Likes