2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 large egg, room temperature
1 cup fat-free milk
1/3 cup canola oil
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, whisk together the first 6 ingredients. In another bowl, whisk together egg, milk and oil. Stir in cheese and add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.

Spoon batter into a greased 9-in. cast-iron skillet and bake at 350° until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 25-30 minutes.

Notes:

For muffins, prepare batter as directed. Spoon batter into 9 greased muffin tins and bake at 350° until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 25-30 minutes.

Nutritional Facts:

1 slice: 233 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 175mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.

Recipe courtesy of Taste of Home.

13 Likes

That sounds delicious Amethyst!

10 Likes

Cheese, bread, garlic. Perfect. Yum :yum:

9 Likes

I’m glad you like the sound of it!

I’m happy you think it’s yummy!

8 Likes

This really sounds like it would be delicious with spaghetti and meatballs. Mmm.
Although I don’t have a cast iron skillet, I do have a Le Creuset loaf pan, which I think is enameled cast iron. It should be able to substitute, right? :bread:

10 Likes

I think it would do okay. You may want to check it for doneness earlier but if you keep watch on it it should be good. Not everyone has a cast iron pan. Those suckers are heavy!

8 Likes

My ex husband wouldn’t let me have one for exactly that reason :laughing:

6 Likes

I know, right? Which each word in the title that I read, I knew more and more I am suddenly very hungry. :laughing:

6 Likes

I have a few of those too and I’ll try them out for it if I get a chance. If by then, you haven’t tried it, I’ll let you know how I go. :smile:

Although, I do have a small cast iron skillet. :thinking: It’s very small, though. We need a bigger one sometime…

7 Likes

I don’t blame him!

Sorry if I made your tummy growl.

5 Likes

You did, but it’s not a bad thing. :smile: I now have another food I’m excited to make! I appreciate it. :black_heart:

5 Likes

Yup, this one has been added to my recipe book kitchen witch grimoire :yum: I’m keeping this!

5 Likes

You’re welcome, @starborn!

Hope you like it!

5 Likes