Chocolate Baked Bananas - Yes Please

Where has this been all my life?
Chocolate Baked Bananas

12 Likes

Baked?

I’ve heard of frozen- good for summer, toothaches and headaches… if you don’t have IBS.

12 Likes

Ohhh- that looks really tasty! :yum:

I’ve been going through a craving where I keep eating toast with nutella, peanut butter, and bananas on top. This looks like a healthier version! Might have to give it a try :wink:

Thanks for sharing the fun recipe, Nixi! :heart:

7 Likes

I am so making these, probably in a few days. I’ll let you know if they’re as good as they look @BryWisteria

6 Likes

Yes, please! :blush:

Happy cooking, Nixi- have fun and enjoy! :woman_cook: :two_hearts:

6 Likes

Wait, what? Bananas are bad for IBS? :scream:

I’ve been using them because they’re on the low FODMAP list and part of the BRAT collection of foods. But I’m going to have to monitor this closely now.

Hopefully not another thing to strike off the list. :sob:

5 Likes

@starborn low FODMAP bananas, aka unripe, are fine. I’m going to try this with unripe and see how it turns out. Personally, I think think it will be yummy. Does baking them increase the fructans though? :thinking:

4 Likes

It may be just how my body reacts. You might be fine. For some odd reason, my body doesn’t agree with anything others consider “healthy.” Never has.

Listen to your own body. Give it all the care it deserves because you (all of you readers) are worth it!

5 Likes

Oh… I hadn’t considered this, either. The chemical reactions from cooking things and in different ways. I’ll experiment to and see what I find.

Or it might be something we’ve ignored as a possible issue because we keep getting told it should be fine. :thinking: Definitely something to keep an eye on.

Thank you. :black_heart:

5 Likes

@starborn I tried doing a quick search and the best I got was “maybe” or “slightly” but the greener the banana, the less fructans.

@georgia I agree with starborn, if what should help doesn’t keep digging. I was told something like “It might just be the way your body reacts to certain things, you just have to find what works for you” for years. Yep, turns out I have Celiacs.

Have you cut out gluten? Apparently IBS and “You just have to keep adjusting until you find what works for you” over and over is often non-celiac gluten sensitivity. But this hot mess noooo… :woman_facepalming:t2: :laughing:

6 Likes

I’m down to the nitty gritty, but I will try it. Thanks @Nixi

5 Likes