¼ cup butter or margarine, melted
3 pints chocolate ice cream, softened
8 (1.6-ounce) packages peanut butter cup candies, coarsely chopped
1 (8-ounce) jar fudge sauce
¼ cup strong brewed coffee
2 tablespoons coffee liqueur (optional)

Directions:

Step 1

Process cookies and peanuts in a food processor until finely crumbled. Add melted butter, and process until blended.

Step 2

Press crumb mixture into a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate, and freeze for 15 minutes.

Step 3

Stir together chocolate ice cream and chopped candies; spoon into piecrust. Freeze for at least 6 hours. Remove from freezer, and let stand 15 minutes before serving.

Step 4

Heat fudge sauce in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in coffee and, if desired, coffee liqueur. Drizzle over pie.

Recipe courtesy of My Recipes.

Enjoy!

8 Likes

You had me hooked at “21 cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies”- that’s a lot of ice cream sandwiches! :joy::icecream: I think there are usually about 8 in a box, so we’d need quite a few boxes to make this cake :thinking: :shopping_cart: Sounds like it would be worth it though- a very tasty summer recipe! :sparkles:

Thanks for sharing @Amethyst :heart:

3 Likes

Ooh, I’d love to make this for my daughter’s birthday. She loves peanut butter and ice cream sandwiches!! Her birthday isn’t until Halloween :jack_o_lantern: but I’m saving this recipe!!! Thank you so much!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

They mean oreos I think. Sandwich cookies to make the crust. Although I wouldn’t mind 21 ice cream sandwiches! LOL. It might be a challenge but I could eat them all, no problem!

You’re welcome, love! It looked easy to make. Remind me if you want and I’ll look for a cake like this that is baked if you want to try it for a summer treat before Halloween.

3 Likes

I am definitely saving this recipe!!

3 Likes

Thanks, @Amaris_Bane! Glad you liked it!

2 Likes

Thanks for clarifying that for me, Amethyst- I’ve never thought of oreos as “cookie sandwiches” before, but that certainly makes much more sense than 21 ice cream sandwiches! :face_with_hand_over_mouth: Guess I just have ice cream on my mind :laughing: :icecream:

It makes me think that a recipe like this would be a great way to celebrate Creative Ice Cream Flavors Day on Thursday! :ice_cream: :grin:

2 Likes

Ooh, even better!! She loves Oreos too! But 3 or 4 is her limit. But an ice cream pie…she’ll enjoy that!! Thanks again!

2 Likes

Hee! As I said, you can never have too much ice cream. Y’all are gonna make me tempted to have Sally stop in and get me some ice cream by Thursday, aren’t y’all? LOL.

You’re welcome! :hugs:

3 Likes