Circle of Me

Merry Meet,
As a longtime seeker and new discoverer I just want to express my appreciation for all the positive energy I’ve received. From strangers, practitioners who’ve revealed themselves, and others who have led me towards knowledge I’ve longed for. My path has been convoluted and winding, but hopefully the journey has strengthened me for what is to come. Over the years I’ve been continually told I was different, outside the norm, misunderstood, and even crazy. I never fit into any particular category, or box. The more I learned, the more connections I made, the more things seemed to make sense to me, but my feeble attempts to get others to understand MY view on what was revealed to me apparently scared more than a few people. As I grow and practice, I hope I can be of service to any. Here and all places. Do what ye will, and ye none harm.

13 Likes

Welcome to the forum @Danthony1 :wave:

My name is Megan and I’m one of the moderators here at Spells8 :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: It’s nice to meet you!

You’ve come to a great place, then! Many of us here have often felt or been told the same thing. I hope you find a place here and I’m sure you’ll make many new friends. Feel free to hop right in and share your thoughts and opinions, join our latest challenger(:knot: Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - The Eclectic Witch: Interdisciplinary Magick), and ask any questions you may have.

We’re a friendly bunch! :laughing: I look forward to seeing you around!

8 Likes

Hi Danthony1
My son has ADHD and as a small child, he would ask me why he was different from the other children. I asked him, why should you be like everyone else?
I told him to dance to his own drummer, not march like a marionette.
I’m saying the same to you, Dance to your own song my friend.
Garnet

8 Likes

Merry Meet @Danthony1! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

All the best people are a little crazy or think out of the box. Who’d want to be in a box all the time? The thought nauseated me. I’m glad you’re here to make friends and have fun. You’ve come to the right place!

If you have any questions, ask and someone will pop up to help you. I look forward to getting to know you!

8 Likes

Thank you @Garnet.
Hopefully as I grow in my practice, the drumming will be easier to march to. Listening to my own music and being less concerned with the music of others. Do what ye will, and harm ye none.

8 Likes

Merry meet :hugs: and welcome home :infinite_roots: @Danthony1

It’s so nice to meet you, Darryl, I’m Marsha, an Eclectic Solitary Witch, from Colorado. There is a lot of great information here, so if you need any guidance, or have any questions, let us know. Welcome to the family :people_hugging:

With love :heart: and magick :dizzy: always

7 Likes

Such an honor to meet you and converse with you Danthony 1 I am glad that you have come home to like minded people to share with! I am happy to be here on your journey! I can really relate to you when you said

I have felt marginalized from society too! Since committing my life to the craft. I have learned more coping mechanisms to help on my journey! I am excited to maintain a sober lifestyle too! I was adopted into a catholic home with double sin! My grandfather was very strict and if I went outside the norm I was outcasted from the fam and physically abused ! I had to learn the hard way to obey and repent for my sins to a priest! I thought what kind of God would do this! I am great full for Wicca cause it helps me deal with my anxiety issues surrounding death. And many other reasons.
Jeannie

9 Likes

Merry meet @Danthony1,

Apologies for the late hello, but I just wanted to pop in and wish you a very warm welcome! I’m Bry, one of the moderators here in the forum and an Eclectic Witch. I hope you have been finding everything you were looking for! :books::blush:

Make yourself at home here and don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions- your new coven is a very friendly one. Blessed be! :sparkles:

7 Likes

Thank you very much. Im having a little trouble navigating the site, although the bot was helpful :grin:. I will probably contribute more as I get a little more comfortable and gain confidence that my questions aren’t dumb. Do what ye will and harm ye none.

8 Likes

So nice to hear from you. I can empathize with your response, and am so glad that you’ve found something as great as Wicca to heal and restore you. Everyone’s path is different, winding and difficult. Especially when you’re walking on someone else’s path and not your own. Our paths have crossed, and for as long as they are near each other, you have a friend in me. Do what ye will and harm ye none.

8 Likes

The only “dumb” question is the one that goes unasked! :blush:

We are all welcoming here and respect that everyone comes from different places in the world, different backgrounds, and different information access. No one will give you any judgment or laughter for asking a question – you will get honest answers and personal experiences.

6 Likes

Danthony1,

Thanks Danthony1 I hope your finding your way around the forum! I have been around the forum for awhile, and I am excited for you finding spells 8 everyone is pretty nice :blush: I am just getting settled in at home :house: I’m going to light a candle :candle: and meditate! I hope your having a good day! It’s really nice to meet you! Bye for know!
Jeannie

6 Likes

Welcome to the family @danthony1 we are glad to have you

6 Likes

Merry meet! Welcome to the coven!

6 Likes

First, you are already contributing by opening up to us and telling your story. Many of us have similar stories and many of us have ‘differently abled’ children that we are fighting for and dealing with things like “he’s just such a difficult child” or “He’s just so different that we don’t what to do with him” or a Kindergartener saying" Mommy I don’t understand. Why am I not as smart as the other kids. I eat all the same things they do, I run and play like they do"
As far as dumb questions I second that the only dumb question is the one that isn’t asked.
I often ask what I used to think of as silly questions, I have had multiple head injuries and I have forgotten many things including pretty much anything I knew about the craft and how and what I used to practice.
I used to title my questions Silly newbie question and ask that people treat me as though I had only been practicing for a few months. I have always been treated as an equal and I
feel more comfortable with my abilities. I am even starting to gain a little of my memory. This is an amazing and safe place with lots of good and loving energy.
Even if nowhere else, please try not to think of yourself as different here.
We are a family here and all love, respect and help each other. You are part of the family now and we are all here for you and I trust that you will soon feel comfortable being here and with yourself.
Blessed be!

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.