Cleaning up candle wax

I thought this tip might be useful for those of you are into spring cleaning mode.
I found a heavy glass container in the shape of a cauldron that contained the most acrid smelling supposedly pine candle. I scraped and scraped until I had dug out all the chunks of wax, but it was still a mess.

I took it out into the garage and sprayed it with WD-40. Ten seconds later, with a wipe of a paper towel, it was pristine. A bit of soap and water, and it was smelling fine!
I can see this working on terra cotta saucers. I don’t know how it would work on fabrics.

9 Likes

Ohh that’s a good idea! I’ve never used WD-40 to get candle wax out, but I have used the boiling water trick on both jars and fabric!

7 Likes

very good idea!
I use boiling water to clean wax objects and fabrics :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Wow, sounds like it worked wonders! :clap:

I’ve never used WD-40 for wax removal - I usually a try a combo of boiling water, the freezer, and scraping. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t :sweat_smile:

Always grateful to hear tips about what is working well for others - thank you very much for sharing, @bj1! :pray: :candle: :sparkles:

4 Likes

I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw the candle wax liquify. It just wipes off!
It’s … well … magickal! :grin:

5 Likes

Haha well-said!

spongebob-magic-2182322796
Tenor

Thanks again for sharing the helpful tip, @bj1! Blessed be! :sparkles:

4 Likes