Consecration of the altar

Hey guys I’m just finishing up when my lessons and got to the car where it’s time to bless the altar and concentration of the tools and altar. We just got one issue all I have in my pantry is garlic cumin and I have some cedar/sage smudge sticks I believe they are. Other than that the only essential oil if I have is eucalyptus lavender and peppermint other than that they’re just mixes like Connie sleep tranquility immunity relaxation step of that nature. The only other thing would be some sandalwood incense. Anyways I guess what I’m wondering and asking is while concentrating the alter and cools what is best to use and what can I use out of the products that I have. Oh yeah and if they need to just cedar smudge sticks nothing of sage does it say in the package. If there’s any other things that I will need to do this concentration please let me know thanks in advance hope all is well and bless you all.
-:mage::baby_bottle:Marie​:rabbit2:

6 Likes

Sandalwood is a good one for cleansing and purification. I would use it. And I generally smudge my home and my family with a mixture of white sage and cedar in my abalone shell so I really don’t see how it would hurt. But what’s more is peppermint is also cleansing so I think anything you choose to use in your arsenal would be fine. If I were you though please wait for a second opinion cause I’ve got preggo brain and sometimes my tips aren’t top notch. But I’ll tell you what I did. I consecrated my altar tools with moon water and added a little salt to the water because salt water is the ULTIMATE purifying cleanser

10 Likes

Thanks that’s what’s up. Btw the pregnancy braid doesn’t go away completely after you give birth. At least it didn’t in my case. Can I ask where you got the abalone she’ll from I mean I’m sure they aren’t hard to find I got a ring recently before I started my journey here and well I guess somehow I began completely ready to dive in head first shortly after receiving it. Hmm funny how life works at times. I appreciate the advice and thanks for the tips with the salt and moon water it’s much appreciated. :blush:

8 Likes

@annmarie2 oh I know lol I’ve got a 13 year old daughter and a son born sleeping this one was actually a gift from my soon to be ex husband after his mother stole the one I bought to get myself started. I got my first one on Amazon but this one he got at our local pagan shop.

7 Likes

Hmm odd bc I got my abalone in the form of a ring from my daughter’s father. When I was pregnant we had to cut my engagement ring off from my hands swelling so much and when he gave it to me I looked up the meaning of the stone and I looked and him and asked him if he gave it to me to protect me from himself bc I’m convinced that he’s got a really really evil side of him that I’ve been slowly getting to see more and more the longer I’m with him. It’s crazy tho bc I’ve felt a bit more at ease now that I’ve got the ring and somehow less afraid of his demons hurting my heart when he’s at home. I keep getting this feeling that the end is getting close tho I just don’t want my daughter to have to suffer from what could be the end of him and I as well. Even tho I so badly don’t want us to be near the end of our road I want even more for Millie to not suffer and lose the bond with her father bc I live the sparkle in her eyes and the smile on her face when he gets home and picks her up. Sorry I got all in my feelings for a minute. But what you said just hit me as what I was ment to hear and what needed to be said to me for some reason. I love him but it’s only a matter of time before I just let go and get tired of holding on to what used to be us when I feel that on his part he’s give up and no longer trying to be there for us that all he says is just a rehearsed script made up and better wordedthan in the relationship before us ya know. Sorry if thisgot to personal for this fourm but it’s something I just had to get out there and get off my chest.

9 Likes

Feel free to share. That’s what we’re here for and trust me I’m dealing with a very similar situation myself. My advice… Don’t ignore the red flags. Get out while you can because it only takes one time to lose his temper and your girl could suffer a worse pain than divorce love. Check out my post Spell suggestions… All hands on deck please? If you need reassurance that you aren’t alone. Blessed be doll. You’re safe within the coven

7 Likes

Thanks so much. I’ve definitely felt a lot more at peace and for sure a cover of protection since I’ve came here. I’ll for sure check it out. I do worry about her the most. Further more he’s so against een trying to wear the evil eye bracket i got for him when I got the ones for me and my daughter and I found that very very odd. How often should I cast a protection spell it blessing around me n my daughter. I did the casting of the circle in the lessons and it seemed fairly easy and very reliable in it’s workigs tbh. I’ma check that out and I’ve been doing my best for awhile at getting things too care of safely and quickly with as less hurtful as possible in terms of getting to a better place in life in mind body and all that. I just pray and pray that it’s not gonna get hostile until I can find the right way to fix things bc I don’t want anything bad to come of this or harm upon anyone either ya know. Thanks so much I’ma check that out now before I turn in for the night. Blessed be.

7 Likes

Where I live, in Oregon, cedar is known as Tree of Life by those who always lived here. It was used for everything, from housing to canoes, to clothing.

Alongside tobacco, sage, and sweetgrass, cedar is one of the four sacred medicines in this side of the world. It was used in sweat lodges and smudging for its antimicrobial and anti-fungal, among other, properties.

10 Likes

This so much

7 Likes

It’s interesting to me that you mentioned sweet grass @Francisco because even before I started practicing I have smudged my home because of my Cherokee and Seminole roots and I always used white sage, cedar and sweet grass but recently I read while googling information for my herbal B.o.S that sweet grass is used for calling upon and drawing spirits to you and so in my mind a flag went up saying that I probably shouldn’t be using a herb that draws spirits if I’m smudging to clear them from my space. :laughing: Thoughts and opinions on this?

4 Likes

Sometimes the best way to get rid of a bad spirit is by drawing in the good ones.

The protective spirits which inhabit your space will surely appreciate a gift of incense, whatever kind it may be.

4 Likes

Thank you for that I’m so new to this all. I get why we use the term baby witch now.

4 Likes