serves/makes: 12
ready in: 2-5 hrs

Ingredients:

3 cups all-purpose flour
2 packages (.25 ounce size) of active dry yeast
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons sugar
1/4 cup nonfat dry milk
1 1/4 cups warm water (105-115 degrees F)
1 large egg, slightly beaten
8 tablespoons butter, melted
2 tablespoons butter-flavored vegetable shortening

Cinnamon Butter

8 tablespoons butter
2 ounces granulated sugar
2 ounces brown sugar
4 teaspoons cinnamon

Directions:

Place 2 cups flour in a large mixing bowl. Add yeast, salt, sugar, and dry milk. Set aside.

In a mixing bowl, combine water and egg and stir to blend. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients. Pour the water mixture into the well. Mix by hand, beating 150 strokes and frequently scraping the bottom and sides of the bowl.

Add 1/2 the melted butter and beat to incorporate. Add remaining flour, about 1/3 cup at a time, beating to incorporate each addition. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap. Set dough in a warm, draft-free place such as an oven with a pan of the hottest tap water on the rack below. Allow batter to rise until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.

Coat cups, bottoms, and sides of a 12-cup muffin pan (or two small round pans) with butter-flavored vegetable shortening. Punch down batter (batter will be extremely soft and sticky). Drop by hand or spoonful into prepared muffin pan cups to make 12 rolls (if in the pan, each roll touching the next). Brush dough with 1/2 remaining melted butter.

Let rise, uncovered, in a warm, draft-free place until almost doubled in bulk, about 30 minutes. In a preheated 400 degrees F oven, bake rolls on the middle rack for 16-18 minutes. Brush the tops of the cooked rolls with the remaining melted butter. Serve immediately.

For Cinnamon Butter: Beat all of the above ingredients together until smooth. Cover and refrigerate.

Recipe courtesy of CDKitchen.

7 Likes

Could someone please enlighten this ignorant northerner about Logan’s Roadhouse? I’ve never been (and haven’t heard of it up until now), but looking at these delicious buttery dinner rolls, I feel like I’ve been missing out! :laughing: :butter: :bread:

Thanks for the tasty bread recipe, @Amethyst- another perfect one for bread Sabbat time! :baguette_bread: :tada:

4 Likes

I’ve never eaten there myself but this looked to be a tasty recipe! LOL! Glad you like it, Bry!

4 Likes

Is it a diner? I don’t think we have it here. But I do remember the diners I visited in Texas when I stayed with my dad and stepmum, oh my, the breakfast was sooo yummy. And the pancakes with syrup, ice-cream, blueberries you name it, it went on it. What am I doing! The Logan’s Roadhouse is making me think of all this food :joy:

4 Likes

It’s a steakhouse, where they serve rolls all the time with cinnamon butter. I’ve heard that they are very good!

And you’re making me hungry! LOL!

4 Likes

You’ve got me drooling over here too! :joy: This all sounds deeeelicious! :plate_with_cutlery: :yum: :two_hearts:

Oh! We have a Texas-style steakhouse nearby called Texas Roadhouse that does something very similar- maybe they are partnered with or another branch of Logan’s! The warm rolls with cinnamon butter are divine :drooling_face: :two_hearts:

3 Likes

Yep, it’s very similar to Texas Roadhouse! I hope you enjoy the rolls if you make them!

4 Likes

Thank you so much! :heart: :hugs:

2 Likes

I love Texas road house with cinnamon honey butter!! So much that I looked up the the copy cat recipe same as yours but they add a hint of vanilla and powdered sugar The butter is also good on sweet potatoes!! I miss lone star when I was a kid we would throw the peanut shells on the ground another awesome place to eat. :blush: unfortunately the closest Logan’s road house is in Roanoke a couple hours away from me

2 Likes

You’re welcome, love! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

That sounds good! Thanks for sharing that!

3 Likes