Corn husk dolls

@Mark01 just be prepared because she is a little harder to make that the video makes it look. I SWEAR she was hitting pause and gluing it. Or who knows I may just not have been focused enough to properly pay attention

2 Likes

LOL. Yeah no way am I making a cornhusk doll like in that video. The cross is doable and maybe a doll like the one you made, that turned out well btw.

This lady has some good videos of making things. Hereā€™s sheā€™s making a cornhusk dollā€¦

6 Likes

@Mark01 thatā€™s the video I used! I still had troublešŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø maybe next year I will have better luck

6 Likes

Yummy, Fried Green Tomatoā€™s

4 Likes

I have made crosses, my most recent one that I made around Imbolc is pictured below. I have a spool of rushes that I ordered over the winter.

I also have Brigidā€™s Cross on my necklace with a Claddaugh charm. I have Brigidā€™s Cross, Artemisā€™ Bow, Lughā€™s Shield, & the Eye of Horus on my bracelet. Both are silver. I have an ā€œEvil Eyeā€ bracelet that I received from @Rowan too. I wear them 98% of the time.

I have corn in my garden growing. (I found out that after you pick the ears, they keep growing & fill in!) So Iā€™m hoping to make a corn husk doll soon. I may just buy some ears of corn at the grocery store & use the husks. :joy:

5 Likes

@Susurrus that is a gorgeous cross! I have a claddaugh tattoo on my lower back. Hurt like hell (sorry but thereā€™s no better description for the pain I was in) and my wedding ring is a Celtic knot.
Iā€™m told that you can buy tamale wraps from the ethnic section at the grocery store and that they work just as well as corn husk. I canā€™t speak for anyone elseā€™s experience making corn dolls but that is definitely a lot harder than it looks. Or at least it was for me which is strange because Iā€™m an artist so one would think it would come natural to me. :no_good_woman: I finally just said ā€œit is what it isā€ and finished her the way she is because I spent 3 hours working on her and I was exhausted lol

5 Likes

I made a few crafts for Lammasā€¦

I used Corn husks from corn we ate this summer. The cross and the horned man were made from the dried stalks of my day Lilies. They worked great! The horns are made from the top of the lily stalk where the flowers were growing.

I really enjoyed making these crafts. :smiley:

7 Likes

Great job. Very creative

6 Likes

I received my Tamed Wild Subscription Box & it just so happens that this month, for the harvest, the ritual it came with has to do with a corn husk doll. So now, I have a ā€œkitā€ of sorts to make one & it came with the directions.

Once I get my room cleaned up from the last week of letting it go, I am going to see about doing this ritual. Possibly on Thursday for the group ritual because it also came with the Harvest tea blend. I remember that being really good.

5 Likes