Crafting my own charcoal, well sort of

Ooh so excited about this and had to share.

With all the cooler weather here in Texas, we don’t get the opportunity to make a fire very often due to not being chilly enough, burn bans, etc., we’ve been able to have a few now.

The last couple have been great with my family, making smore’s, drinking hot cocoa, or roasting peanuts, drinking hot cider and lots of love and laughter.

I don’t know why I did not think if it before but today something was calling to me from the backyard. It was the oak charcoal and ash from our gathering the night before.

We promptly grabbed a jar and gathered some of this joyful and fire charged ash and charcoal up.

I couldn’t think of a better energy to use to make black salt or some magical ink for petitions.

Anyone have any other ideas? If so please feel free to share.

11 Likes

…and it’s yours! It has personal connections to your family, life and direct happiness.
That really was a fantastic idea!
Thanks for sharing it!

9 Likes

Nice get! :grinning:

Black salt and magickal ink are great ways to use some charged ash- you might also set a little dish out as an offering on your altar, or keep some for your Yule fires. As an ingredient full of joyful memories and warmth, it would be a great addition to spellwork too! :candle: :sparkles: :blush:

However you choose to use it, I hope it will continue to serve you well! :fire: :two_hearts:

9 Likes