Cranberry Cookies With Orange Glaze

Cranberry Cookies With Orange Glaze

total: 1 hr 10 mins
Yield: Makes about 40 cookies (serving size: 1 cookie)

Ingreditents:

10 tablespoons (5 oz.) salted butter, softened
1 ⅓ cups granulated sugar
2 large eggs
3 teaspoons orange zest, plus 3 Tbsp. fresh juice, divided (from 1 large orange)
2 ½ cups (about 10 5/8 oz.) all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon table salt
⅛ teaspoon baking soda
1 cup white chocolate chips (6 oz.)
1 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
1 ½ cups (about 6 oz.) powdered sugar

Directions:

Step 1

Preheat oven to 350°F. Beat butter with a heavy-duty stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment on medium speed until creamy; gradually add granulated sugar, and beat until well combined. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition. Beat in 2 teaspoons of the orange zest until blended.

Step 2

Stir together flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda in a small bowl. Add flour mixture to butter mixture gradually, beating on low speed until blended. Stir in white chocolate chips and cranberries.

Step 3

Drop cookie dough by heaping tablespoonfuls 1 1/2 inches apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake in preheated oven until lightly browned on the bottom, 15 to 17 minutes. Cool cookies on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove cookies to wire racks to cool completely, about 15 minutes.

Step 4

Whisk together powdered sugar, orange juice, and the remaining 1 teaspoon orange zest in a small bowl. Drizzle or pipe glaze over cooled cookies; let stand 20 minutes for glaze to set.

Recipe courtesy of My Recipes.

11 Likes

Oh these sound so good! I wonder if they’ll work with gluten free flour? I like the fact they have white chips in it too. That’s different:)

5 Likes

I don’t see why not! It should work. I liked the white chocolate chips too, it sounds so yummy!

4 Likes

Cranberry and orange are such a perfect holiday pair- and I think they’d balance beautifully with the sweetness in this recipe! This actually reminds me of my all-time favorite cookies (raspberry and white chocolate chips) :drooling_face: :cookie: :two_hearts:

Thanks for these lovely seasonal recipes, @Amethyst- you make this Kitchen Witch happy! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Ooh, these sound so delicious :yum: you always tease me with all the delicious food and recipes.

3 Likes

I’m so glad you like it! I usually have a cranberry-orange cookie this time of year so I had to share.

It does sound yummy, doesn’t it? If you make it, let me know how it turns out! Thanks, darlin!

3 Likes

So I made the cookies with gluten free flour and dairy free white chocolate chips. Very good cookies! I’m definitely making these for the holidays!

4 Likes

They look yummy.

4 Likes

Oh they turned out beautiful, Christine- save some for me! :heart::cookie: :laughing:

3 Likes

Oh my gosh @christine13! Those look awesome! It looks like the gluten-free flour worked. I’m so glad your adjustments worked and you liked them, they look yummy!

3 Likes

They are sooo good! My husband loves cranberry orange muffins so he definitely loved these.
Wasn’t sure about my son, he’s the one that can’t eat wheat and dairy, but he loved them too! It was a win, win all around!

3 Likes

I’m so glad everyone liked them!

3 Likes

Hopefully my kids will love them we bought 2 bags of cranberries jus cuz we’ve never tried jus a cranberry and let’s jus say I still got both bags lol so now I can use them…perfect

3 Likes

I hope you like them!

2 Likes